WCG - July 2012

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you guys (and gals) have a nice meeting lined up. Since it is the closest one to me, I wish I could come, but it's still a little far...

Stefan

I certainly wish that you could join us! Unfortunately, it's still quite a distance from you. :(

For any of you lurkers, members, etc. who may be on the fence about attending, please feel free go join us if you're in the SoCal area! We are not expecting a large group of people, but we'll certainly have enough food, beverages for more people than those who have already confirmed.

Please PM me if you're interested in coming! Thanks!

I will make sure to make Wasabi flavored onigiri for the event - Jon will show up with a ton of onigiri. Any flavor requests?

Here are your choices.
-umeboshi
-tuna
-salmon
-vegetable/wakame
-okaka
-iwanori

How did I miss this!!!! Umeboshi sounds great! :)

bump for any last minute additions... if you're in the LA area, please take some time and come out. It should be a lot of fun.

Also, for those coming, we're down to the last few days. Let me know if there is anything in my store or personal collection you would like me to bring.

UPDATE - CONFIRMED ATTENDEES FOR SUNDAY'S WCG

Me (plus possibly +2)
JBroida, Sara
tk59
chuck239
Deckhand
Wagstaff (may need transportation)
TamanegiKin +2
mc2442
unkajonet
tweyland
El Pescador

If I've missed anyone, or if you'd like to attend - please PM as soon as possible!

Thanks again!

I'm thinking about preparing one or two wasabi-bomb onigiri. You guys should be really careful.

I think! I was late replying to mhlee, but did just now. My car survives!

Jon -- I'd love to buy a 2k Gesshin stone from you... I'll get cash. (Else I'll make it back to the shop one of these days)

I think! I was late replying to mhlee, but did just now. My car survives!

Jon -- I'd love to buy a 2k Gesshin stone from you... I'll get cash. (Else I'll make it back to the shop one of these days)

can you shoot me an e-mail reminder of that please

I'll see y'all tomorrow. Still starting around 2pm, right?

~Tad

Is there still time to move this to Portland?

I'm thinking about preparing one or two wasabi-bomb onigiri. You guys should be really careful.

Just saw this. You can't put too much wasabi on one. I can handle it. I want a wasabi bomb.

All right WCG guys.
Don't forget to take photos.
How about a Wasabi eating contest?

I want to know what these guys are up to!
Tried calling on the phone but got shuffled aside pretty quick.
Next time someone should set up a spy-cam with a live stream.

Jon assured me he was bringing a camera, so hopefully some good pics will show up here sooner or later.

I am sorry I missed it, so I cannot provide any details. Last minute car trouble (puntured tire actually, and not me that did it) prevented me from attending.

Looking forward to pictures as well. I hope everyone involved had a great time.

I am sorry I missed it, so I cannot provide any details. Last minute car trouble (puntured tire actually, and not me that did it) prevented me from attending.

Looking forward to pictures as well. I hope everyone involved had a great time.

I made it and had tire trouble on the way there. Michael was an incredibly gracious host and good cook. Jon was extremely helpful with showing how to sharpen. I feel blessed to have attended. Nothing but great people. Foie gras, foie gras with truffles, BBQ pork, jambalaya, salads, rice balls, etc. What a nice time!

it was a great time... thanks again to mike for hosting. Sara and i took some pictures... we'll post them tomorrow when we get to work.

Thanks again for coming! I'm glad you got home safely!

The WCG was awesome! Great food, great people and the knife stuff of course. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and a big thanks to Mike for hosting this!

Indeed, Mike is a generous host and great cook! An all around great time. Thanks to everyone -

~Tad

It was a great time with great food and knives. Thanks for hosting mike!

-Chuck

I have to admit that I enjoyed myself. Mike is a hell of a host. Thanks Jon for showing us all what to expect from JKI in the near future and thanks to Sara for making it fun. To all that made it-let's do it again next year!

It was really fun today... thank you, Mike for hosting :) !!

Thanks Mike for hosting -- it was great to meet everybody. And eat way too much. Put a bunch more faces to screennames.
I was having a pretty bad weekend *before* the gathering, then such a great Sunday because of it!

Back