Weight loss support group?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i have reached a plateau at about 10-12 pounds. Have been reasonable without going crazy on anything and I am optimistic that it will move downward again if I stay with it. Noticed that I slacked on the fruit and veggie intake, so that will be my main goal for the coming week. Since I started I only really had 2 slips that were not within the frame I had set for myself, both were sweets - gummi bears or mini snickers. I keep thinking I can eat one at a time but that just doesn't work for me, better to not have any around or I will eat the whole bag. Not much news on the exercise side, doing more there would definitely help also. Will see what I can do.

Stefan

Plateaus are fine...just stick with it. I would also try to drink a bunch of water...helps you to stay full--and hydrated:>)

Plateaus are fine...just stick with it. I would also try to drink a bunch of water...helps you to stay full--and hydrated:>)

Good point, I was not drinking enough and when I did, it was too much diet soda for my own liking. I have just brewed some very strong green tea concentrate with a bit of honey that I plan to thin down with ice water and lemon juice to drink instead. We'll see how that goes.

Stefan

Weighed in at 278 this morning down from 336 in about 4 months.

Good news, Stefan and BH! Keep it up.

I'm down 3-4 pounds since early August. More importantly, all of my pants are more comfortable, and my belt is a notch or two tighter, which feels good. I know I have less fat now and more muscle, which also feels good.

I still eat a few meals a week which may not be particularly healthy, but I try to eat well most of the time. Definitely get more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans now. Very occasional sweets are okay, and try to keep the numbers limited. I know I'll snack sometimes, so I try to plan ahead and have some healthier things around when I'm tempted.

Plan to run 8 miles today--prepping for a 10-miler in about a month, so I'm on track.

Keep it going, everyone. You are my role models.

I got really lazy for a while and stopped exercising but I've got back into it. My equipment consists of resistance bands, an ab wheel and an exercise bike. Those combined with some bodyweight exercises and 15 mins every night has made a huge difference

I am setting some money aside for a Nexersys system. Being an old fighter it would be a great workout system that would almost be like a video game so to me would not feel like a workout. http://nexersys.com/

I have lost as much weight as I wanted....now I have been trying to put on 10 pounds of lean muscle...I know that's a tall order for someone about to turn 50, but I would love some help....I am doing alot of weight training and cardio...but have been stuck at 190 for months!!

What are you taking as far as supplements? Any protein shakes or carb loading diets? If you are going to build lean muscle, have to feed them the right things for growth as well as a good workout routine to concentrate the calories and carbs where you want them.

What are you taking as far as supplements? Any protein shakes or carb loading diets? If you are going to build lean muscle, have to feed them the right things for growth as well as a good workout routine to concentrate the calories and carbs where you want them.

I am drinking myoplex shake @ 42 grams of protien and premier protien bars x2@ 30 grams of protien.Thats 102 grams per day just from that. I also take presion engenier training packs for my supplements.As for carbs it's only fresh veggies and fruits.

I am drinking myoplex shake @ 42 grams of protien and premier protien bars x2@ 30 grams of protien.Thats 102 grams per day just from that. I also take presion engenier training packs for my supplements.As for carbs it's only fresh veggies and fruits.

Would think about carb loading on heavy workout days potatoes work in a pinch.

Back