what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 2.
B2A84588-1705-4FB0-9D7B-DFC5BD4E8438.jpeg

Luckily my landlord knows I drink Scotch. This was gifted to me for Christmas. Last year was Kilkerran 12, so I must be a very good tenant. The latest Bowmore 18 offerings have been very good considering it's only 43% and chill filtered. Serge Valentin @whiskyfun is giving this 88 at the moment. My first Bowmore and I will be looking out for some Independent bottlings at cask strength.

bowmore.jpg

I think this was very slightly corked. Not bad enough to discard, but it did dimish the enjoyment a little. I have another couple bottles, will see if I was just unlucky with this one or if that's just how it tastes.

20231229_183359.jpg

Luckily my landlord knows I drink Scotch. This was gifted to me for Christmas. Last year was Kilkerran 12, so I must be a very good tenant. The latest Bowmore 18 offerings have been very good considering it's only 43% and chill filtered. Serge Valentin @whiskyfun is giving this 88 at the moment. My first Bowmore and I will be looking out for some Independent bottlings at cask strength.

View attachment 289810
Amazing what happens when you consistently pay rent and keep it clean / don’t destroy it

Last edited:
Digestivo after New Year’s dinner! Happy New Year 2024!🥳🎉

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 20231209_183029.jpg
    20231209_183029.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231227_145832.jpg
    20231227_145832.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
I've been fortunate enough to have contacts in the bourbon industry so getting allocated items is fairly easy for me but I have seen people Jack the prices up for $250+ for a bottle of W12... insane.

Here's my delivery from a few days ago.
Lucky guy.

View attachment 289810
I absolutely love the Bowmore 18. Probably one of my favourite Scotches. Definitely my favourite Islay

I absolutely love the Bowmore 18. Probably one of my favourite Scotches. Definitely my favourite Islay
Have you tried cask strength Bunnahabhain? If the Bowmore 18 came with at least 46% abv and unchilfiltered I would say it could compete.

Tears of Llorona type of night. Got my 2023 BTAC shipment in today. No luck on ER17 or WLW but supplier made it up with PVW15 and ORVW.

Plus a little something extra he makes on the side.

Attachments

• 20240102_215455.jpg
    20240102_215455.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Always!

0.75 oz lightly aged Rhum Agricole
0.5 oz high ester Jamaican rum (Smith & Cross ideally)
1 oz sweet vermouth (one of the rare instances I think Carpano makes sense in cocktails)
5/8 oz Campari
3/8 oz Tempus Fugit banana liqueur (no subs on this one)
2 dashes Bittermans Tiki bitters

Orange peel over the top and into the glass as garnish, bonus points if you flame it (usually not a fan, but it works here). I usually like to build this over one large cube so the first few sips are full strength and really funky / fruity before it mellows out into crushable goodness.

The x/8 measurements are finicky, sure, but I found it was the best balance with the r(h)ums and vermouth I used. Depending on what you use might require some tweaking
Drinking a Kingston Negroni tonight:D
kingston_negroni_2024.jpg
:D:D:D

More like what I won’t be drinking tonight…and buying again. Local liquor shops are selling these at 4-5x MSRP. I bought it because of FOMO and stupidity, and the damned collecting strand in my DNA. I’ve resolved to only go for these BTAC and Pappys when the big liquor chains offer their yearly raffles. That’s it.

IMG_0108.jpeg

Last edited:
More like what I won’t be drinking tonight…and buying again. Local liquor shops are selling these at 4-5x MSRP. I bought it because of FOMO and stupidity, and the damned collecting strand in my DNA. I’ve resolved to only go for these BTAC and Pappys when the big liquor chains offer their yearly raffles. That’s it.

View attachment 294013

Pop it open this years GTS is much better than the 2022.

Back