what do you guys use for pocket knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this. traditional sardinian knives. have a couple i bought at this particular forge in santu lussurgiu. perfect 90mm parer. and i have a 130mm for whatever utility. (anything concerning edc generally resembles a monthy python sketch to me.)

Beautiful resolza! I'm a big fan of the style.

Left one is a custom, only leaves my pocket for cutting

I lost my beloved m4 spydie military 😭 immediately got a replacement cause I feel naked without one. spydie Para 2 in cpm-s45vn. I know nothing about this steel.
1000122912.jpg

I lost my beloved m4 spydie military 😭 immediately got a replacement cause I feel naked without one. spydie Para 2 in cpm-s45vn. I know nothing about this steel.
View attachment 311144
1711580394741.png

S35VN with a lil bit more chromium and some nitrogen? And as we know, S35VN has SUPERIOR EDGE HOLDING TO ANY OTHER STEEL MANUFACTURED TODAY, so S45VN has to be like, even better

View attachment 311144

Nice.

S45VN has actually been around quite a while but only recently really found it's way into knives. In current terms, it's pretty mid-road with Spyderco getting the most out of it. More or less on par with S30V and 35VN.

Nice.

S45VN has actually been around quite a while but only recently really found it's way into knives. In current terms, it's pretty mid-road with Spyderco getting the most out of it. More or less on par with S30V and 35VN.
Wasn’t it just announced at the end of 2019 with knives being made in 2020 and after?
Do you have a reference for this or are you joking? Pretty hard for for this steel for a production knife and too exact for a production knife.

If I had to guess the range of hardness is probably 61-62.

Wasn’t it just announced at the end of 2019 with knives being made in 2020 and after?

Do you have a reference for this or are you joking? Pretty hard for for this steel for a production knife and too exact for a production knife.

You're correct I was actually thinking of an online chat with Sal but that was actually about S60V. 🤪

Independent testing compiled in a database on the SpiderCo forum. Away from my computer or I'd link it. Also, with that sort of HRC specificity, could just be one person testing and who knows their methodology 😂

I really like Spydercos out the box edges. Usually very aggressive bite. If you want something that will fly through cardboard even more, try a sage 5 lightweight, or a chaparral. They are half the thickness behind the edge of a para2. More like three times thinner actually...

I really like Spydercos out the box edges. Usually very aggressive bite. If you want something that will fly through cardboard even more, try a sage 5 lightweight, or a chaparral. They are half the thickness behind the edge of a para2. More like three times thinner actually...
sounds intriguing but thinner blade wouldn't survive my usage of pocket knives 😁

Back