What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're on the aquatic theme anyways with the divers and pool watch above... Enjoying this one a lot lately.

20231122_152641.jpg

Since I purchased that Weiss watch I have shown a couple of times, my interest in buying new watches has faded away.

And yesterday I got an e-mail from a small local watchbrand that they are starting a "heritage collection" of more historically inspired watches, starting with Tunnan:

View attachment 242666

Malm Watches mainly makes watches inspired by swedish military aviation history, and this watch is named after SAAB 29 Tunnan, the first Swedish fighter jet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_29_Tunnan
The visual style fits it's time, I think. But .. do I really want to spend another € 1000 on a watch?
Love my malm watch ,clean and nice 👌

Is it very, very good the Sub 600T. I did a little comparative review with the Sub 200 here (if you're interested and have a spare moment to read my ill-informed thoughts on them).

I may also have just picked up this, and it's almost unimprovable:

E3A2315B-E102-4B7C-ADE5-DE2DF7D11041.jpeg

(In my defence; both the Sub 200 and the SPB143 were second hand and about half RRP. Though I still probably ought to sell some stones to justify it 😬).

Is it very, very good the Sub 600T. I did a little comparative review with the Sub 200 here (if you're interested and have a spare moment to read my ill-informed thoughts on them).

I may also have just picked up this, and it's almost unimprovable:

View attachment 286240

(In my defence; both the Sub 200 and the SPB143 were second hand and about half RRP. Though I still probably ought to sell some stones to justify it 😬).

I'm here to help you justify 🥰

"How could I say no to a mint pair of out of print Dynamic Judo books that I've been seeking for a decade? Whelp coti, it was nice knowing you!"

Cesar Valverde?

I'd love to own a DD somewhere in my life, but I can't pull it off (yet) at this stage.

I like the bark finish, it tones it down a little :)
My fave is still fluted bezel with diamond baguette markers. I know it's considered wrong on many levels, but when you get a DD, you shouldn't care about that anyway :D

I'd love to own a DD somewhere in my life, but I can't pull it off (yet) at this stage.

I like the bark finish, it tones it down a little :)
My fave is still fluted bezel with diamond baguette markers. I know it's considered wrong on many levels, but when you get a DD, you shouldn't care about that anyway :D
hahahha...I understand.

I hated the BARK initially, but now I've warmed to it. it is so vintage cool. I had to find a loose link to make fit more to my liking and it was a difficult thing to find.

I always have to take a minute to remember how to set the day/date/time. so crazy how it works.

hahahha...I understand.

I hated the BARK initially, but now I've warmed to it. it is so vintage cool. I had to find a loose link to make fit more to my liking and it was a difficult thing to find.

I always have to take a minute to remember how to set the day/date/time. so crazy how it works.

I can imagine links would be hard to find yeah, probably not a lot of people parting with a loose link on an already relatively uncommon bracelet. Also a lot of worn down stuff everywhere probably if its an older president bracelet.

Your DD is an OG 4 digit?
Those are crazy indeed, going back and forth between 23.00 and 1.00 :D

Sporting this one right now:
17020656830384157850667187870569.jpg

Took a bit of patience to find one of these last year, but exchange rate was favorable, and it runs great for a relatively old watch.

scvf009.jpg

I'm going full BLING December!!

View attachment 286652
Don't see the bark everyday, that's cool. For me, the rare daydate that I have always been into is the tridor. Bracelet with all 3 golds...To be honest I think monotone actually looks better but it's just so out there that I think it's really cool

tridor.jpg

Don't see the bark everyday, that's cool. For me, the rare daydate that I have always been into is the tridor. Bracelet with all 3 golds...To be honest I think monotone actually looks better but it's just so out there that I think it's really cool

View attachment 286835
I’ve seen one of these in the metal before. Really cool watch 👍

Shows promise but at 42mm it's 3mm too big for me. Shame about the cheap looking 3Hz Seiko automatic or quartz movement?
It’s not always the diameter that matters 😉
I’ve had CWC monin cases before, and the fit snug and smaller than there numbers suggest.

I’m happy that they are keeping the prizes down and not having everyone believe that a watch like this is a €800 deal.

If someone is ever to start complaining about rising prices in tne knife world, look no further that to watches to see the full extent of the damage.
I’ve contributed to my part, flipping Rolex for years. So I’m definitely not without fault. Just glad companies dare to go the other way - sorry for my rant 😂

Very nice!
I think it was the other thread "Who else is into watches" where a list of brands from which you can easily recognise someone who's really into watches was mentioned, well this definitely falls into that category :cool:

JLC every day until mid 2023 when I added a Longines Legend Diver and a Gigandet for sports…

47400031fc.jpeg

47400032st.jpeg

Oh… and I couldn’t resist when these were in stock recently:

47400044wz.jpeg

47400045gc.jpeg

Too bad that 2 times 50% Speedmaster still doesn’t make one Speedmaster…
the black Swatch looks sweet. i have the other one. wearing it now.

My latest purchase to celebrate 60 years on this planet. Tudor FXD Marine Nationale MN24 (milestone year). Was never a fan of the snowflake hand design but this has grown on me. Real tool watch vibe. Ti case so easy to wear. Lower profile than the 300M Pelagos and much nicer shade of blue. Most accurate watch I own currently running at <+1s per day.
Nato strap is specially woven for Tudor on 19th century shuttle looms in France tying in nicely with the French Navy connection.
tudor.jpg

Back