What *else* are you "into?" Cars? Guitars? Watches? Audio? Whatever?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am old school, I write on paper and I have recently re-discovered fountain pens again:

46779914ot.jpeg

F.l.t.r.: 2x TWSBI, 3x Sailor, 2x Kaweco
Heeey, a fellow fountain pen user/lover/enthusiast! Nice! I collect, restore (if needed) and use fountain pens, mostly vintage ones (1929-1965) from a German company called Pelikan. Been at it from mid-90s, the Pelikans last 15 years… I have slowed down collecting as of late due to already having quite a few but also due to rising prices and scarcity of the variants I don’t already have (prices go to low four figures and then some, not exactly pocket change for me). I mean, I have enough functional vintage pens to last a lifetime or two, especially with nibs that are just awesome.

IMG_3646.jpeg
IMG_2848.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_1476.jpeg
IMG_9102.jpeg

@dhruan . if I showed you a Pelikan pen. could you tell me about it? I have had one since I was a kid, and just recently my wife found the stash and started using them. there is a Pelikan in the humble stash.

Gearbox is sublime.
If you want a car to be an investment the key was to choose carefully. Aircooled Porsche and vintage Ferrari have skyrocketed. I sold my 993 for twice what I paid 10 years earlier. Obviously condition is paramount. American muscle hasn't faired quite so well which means bargains can still be had.
best gearbox ever made, favorite thing about the car.

I kind of want a project 944 and drop in a honda k24 for reliability 😁

Back