What's your ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001-126_zps115c3d1c.jpg

Since we have some MB'ers I will post my ride.....My other ride is a 2006 Ridgeline

Trek 2300 carbon fiber frame road bike and a pimped out 1978 CJ-5. The Jeep has taken me to hell and back. (And a little "commuter" car for when I am lazy.)

My Surly. Yes, the light is duct taped on, lol (this one hasn't been stollen yet, hehe) and yes, two flats. Hit a patch of glass on the way home tonight. She has close to 10k miles on her (frame only) Been across the country twice, and is my daily driver (I'm care lite).

tROHMmA.jpg

100_0279.jpg

1984 FXST with some DIY upgrades
107" S&S Super Sidwinder long block
S&S Super "G" carb
Thunder Headers
Rivera Engineering "Pro Clutch"
Spike Hi-Torque starter,
PM 4 piston binders on the front

2004 Forester FXT - no problems, tires made a big difference with this car, and it is quick - which seem to annoy some other people driving their cool cars.

nice, touring 540's are rare, I've got on 00 540i motorsport sedan in imola red 2,
Nice. It's a great car and the 8 cylinders are nice, except when I fill it up. It's also not so good in the snow, but I put on good snow tires every winter and they help.

2006 TDI Jetta, fully loaded, with sexy black leather and nice dark tint. I just changed my glowplugs and cleaned up all the connections inside the engine, and today I'm changing out the oil and filter. This thread's timing is kinda funny/coincidental, since my brain has switched from home reno to car maintenance mode. I thought I was going to have to dump a crap load of money into it, recently, but it turned out to just need an at home tune up.

It has about 235,000km on it now, as a result of my commute for my job, but the Diesel engine is great! I drive this thing a lot and I still love it.

I got 2000 Honda civic si. I have a wrench attached to my door where my window cranks used to be, and the door frame on the passenger side door is half coming off but still rides great for having over 250,000 km on it. And to top it off my cd player has a touch screen but it broke a couple weeks ago when I was moving stuff in my car.

Just picked up a new 2013 Audi A5 Cabrio in Scuba Blue with a grey interior yesterday.

my first car is Jeep cherokee 4x4>Saab 9000cd>Mercury villager nautica edition>Lexus 400 LS>Bmw 740il, after that... illness hit me hard and I lose ability to driven!! now, my ride is wife's Infiniti M....
img012_zps4b468f63.jpg

img015_zps7aaa0fbf.jpg

The haulers...
wifeys 07 Honda Odyssey
my ol' 06 Expedition Limited

rides.jpg

The wifeys been pushing for a new ride. She likes the Lexus RX...I'm pushing for something a little less $$, lol.

Bought this baby used when I was laid off from the healthcare field, losing my company car, as I enrolled in culinary school:

IMG_0650-1.jpg

Didn't last long, at I got smashed heading to school one day. It was almost a blessing, as every month something new was being diagnosed by the mechanic (local dealer).

IMG_0868.jpg

So I decided to do what I did with my knives. Go Japanese:

IMG_0885.jpg

oh!! my cars are like my knives!

vintage german...1981 911SC..porsche. and i drive a very reliable toyota Tacoma as well, just like my beater steel santuku.. weird.

2005 impreza hatch with more mods and stereo equipment then i care to list. over 140db on music, and one of the harshest rides dude to jdm sti springs, 20mm rear sway, and fuzion zri tires.

2012 Mazda Speed3. After market intake and a tweak here and there and I'm pushing 300 HP.

IMG_7130_zps62fc9a98.jpg

Damn you, Salty! My 2008 speed3 was my baby! Wash, wax and clay bar almost every weekend! Had a modified Mazdaspeed short ram intake on it, and removed the counter weight on the shifter. That thing was just over $400 a month for insurance alone. I was stupid and crazy for paying as much as I did, but I GD loved it! Regrettably I had to sell it back in 2011.

4002487882_0dcf2fb7a4_b.jpg 4002515672_d57f04e3a5_b.jpg

Now I drive a 2011 Eco Cruze. I grew up in Detroit in the 90's, and grew to dislike the big 3 very much. Real crap cars, so I never thought I'd be driving a GM. When I was shopping for a new car after the Mazda I didn't even consider Chrysler or Gm. The new Focus was nice overall, just not my style. My real complaint was the manual felt way too rubbery and that killed it for me. But then I stopped at a Chevy dealership just for the heck of it. I mean, I'll always drive just about everything in my price range and give 'em a fair shot; except for Chryslers. Low and behold, the Cruze was the best driving car, with the best features and gas millage for under $18k. I mean, I even got 17" chrome wheels and bluetooth!? Now it's over two years old, with 30,000 miles and no problems, just great gas mileage and very pleasant to drive. Oh yeah, I removed the resonator from the intake and hope to flash the computer one day. An extra 35hp and even better mpg's lol. It's a good car.

But I will own another speed3 one day, once I start making money again :)

f_310958828-1109332994.jpeg

2000 Mercedes Benz E430 4Matic in gold with black interior. I love it and will likely only buy used Mercedes to drive from now on. It's my third good one.

hey, i had a metro gray one. they called it a 2008.5. it was a nice car, but i didnt like it. fast as dickens. (got a speeding ticket right away :()..but i hated the torque steer. i hated the interior, especially the dash. i loved the sound. it was a fun car, but i bought it on a whim. cash money. my wife was pee-oh'd when i announce i was gonna sell it. took a $5k bath. kept the car 8 months. she still brings it up.

Damn you, Salty! My 2008 speed3 was my baby! Wash, wax and clay bar almost every weekend! Had a modified Mazdaspeed short ram intake on it, and removed the counter weight on the shifter. That thing was just over $400 a month for insurance alone. I was stupid and crazy for paying as much as I did, but I GD loved it! Regrettably I had to sell it back in 2011.

View attachment 14369 View attachment 14370

Now I drive a 2011 Eco Cruze. I grew up in Detroit in the 90's, and grew to dislike the big 3 very much. Real crap cars, so I never thought I'd be driving a GM. When I was shopping for a new car after the Mazda I didn't even consider Chrysler or Gm. The new Focus was nice overall, just not my style. My real complaint was the manual felt way too rubbery and that killed it for me. But then I stopped at a Chevy dealership just for the heck of it. I mean, I'll always drive just about everything in my price range and give 'em a fair shot; except for Chryslers. Low and behold, the Cruze was the best driving car, with the best features and gas millage for under $18k. I mean, I even got 17" chrome wheels and bluetooth!? Now it's over two years old, with 30,000 miles and no problems, just great gas mileage and very pleasant to drive. Oh yeah, I removed the resonator from the intake and hope to flash the computer one day. An extra 35hp and even better mpg's lol. It's a good car.

But I will own another speed3 one day, once I start making money again :)

View attachment 14371

Saabaru with a Cosworth built short block with a vf48 pushing 400 hp. Total sleeper.

Just drove home with my new 2007 Dodge Charger RT.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg05.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

In August I traded in my black 2003 Subaru WRX Impreza which was nice and fast and sexy but was also sort of like driving a coffee grinder on the ears. In its place I got a black 2012 Toyota Sienna SE minivan. Yes, a minivan. I must say that it felt nice driving my kids around in a WRX. My 8-year-old even asked me one day: "Can you go 100 miles per hour." I told her, "That's no problem at all." And 5+ seconds later it was done; my family and I had committed a misdemeanor in the state of MN.

Here are my new wheels.

k.

se_van.jpg

Back