What's your ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ditched the Caddy Rick?

Not by choice, I really loved that car. She was in great shape for her age too. I was recently struck by an ambulance who's driver wasn't paying attention. I was at no fault but the caddy was totaled. I could have fixed her but she'd never be the same again so I decided to take the total damages check and get something newer. I think I did alright.

Here too. So... Your new ride makes me nervous Rick, lol

Here too. So... Your new ride makes me nervous Rick, lol
Yeah, but he can't fit anywhere near as many dead bodies in the trunk of that Charger.
There was room for like 20 dead hookers in the trunk of the Caddy.

Well, really guys it was about 16 bodies plus the sub woofers. :D The trunk in the charger is no slouch either though...

And you know that how?

The average dead hooker is about the same volume of a jumbo pack of toilet paper. Why do you think reviewers do the toilet paper measurement when they evaluate new cars? It's so they know how many dead hookers it will carry. Q.E.D. :D

Thought I'd throw my bikes in as well...

20130402_173103_zpsbd56cbd8.jpg

Oh snap!! Are we throwing up bikes now??!!?

IMG_20120917_173152.jpgIMG_20121025_215210.jpgIMG_20121023_234209.jpgIMG_20121025_220935.jpgIMG_20121031_182640.jpg

In the midst of beautifying/overhauling a '73 Pontiac Ventura. I'll post some pics a couple months from now when the facelift is complete. So many projects, so little time...

Please do post some pictures when you're ready, I'd love to see this.

don't have any pictures handy, but its a 2000 dodge dakota that I bought as a roll over, put in a corvette drivetrain (motor and trans) and a ford explorer 8.8 inch disk rear. here are a few short vids of it, many moons ago:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/first-time-starting-the-lt1-dakota_174486.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/pre-startup-in-my-lt1-dakota_173833.htm

My dad and I built it, roof was caved in, no pick up bed post crash, good times :)

Still my DD, gets obscenely bad mileage but its 440 horse so its fun

1996 Lemond Zurich, maybe my favorite steel road frame of all time. Thinking of buying a cross bike soon, I just moved next to a long gravely levee top trail that is just aching for long rides. For the Surly with the flats: New Orleans, due to the tourist drinking/smashing bottles/wrecking cars into unmovable objects problem, also has a big broken glass/flat tire problem. My last daily rider had wider stays than the Lemond and could fit Continental Top Contact 28s. Two years of daily commute and zero flats, and they roll pretty darn fast. The Conti GT4000s I ride now are a little faster, but that first time I got glass in a tire it was like I had forgotten how to change a tire it had been so long.

1996 Lemond Zurich, maybe my favorite steel road frame of all time. Thinking of buying a cross bike soon, I just moved next to a long gravely levee top trail that is just aching for long rides. For the Surly with the flats: New Orleans, due to the tourist drinking/smashing bottles/wrecking cars into unmovable objects problem, also has a big broken glass/flat tire problem. My last daily rider had wider stays than the Lemond and could fit Continental Top Contact 28s. Two years of daily commute and zero flats, and they roll pretty darn fast. The Conti GT4000s I ride now are a little faster, but that first time I got glass in a tire it was like I had forgotten how to change a tire it had been so long.

i ride a Surly Cross-check almost daily. (when i am not jogging or mountain biking). i run 28, conti Gator skinz. i rarely flat, and my trail is filled with goat-head stickers.

i love the feel of my cross check. super comfy, not really aggressive riding position. i feel like i can go forever. i do need a better bike seat..i am liking thinner saddles these days. like the selle italia on my mountain ride.

My personal vehicle is an F150 Lariat, 2008. My work truck is a 2010 F350 Super Duty

I got a selle flite in eBay for something like thirty bucks. It's really comfy.

Damn you, Salty! My 2008 speed3 was my baby! Wash, wax and clay bar almost every weekend! Had a modified Mazdaspeed short ram intake on it, and removed the counter weight on the shifter. That thing was just over $400 a month for insurance alone. I was stupid and crazy for paying as much as I did, but I GD loved it! Regrettably I had to sell it back in 2011.

View attachment 14369 View attachment 14370

Now I drive a 2011 Eco Cruze. I grew up in Detroit in the 90's, and grew to dislike the big 3 very much. Real crap cars, so I never thought I'd be driving a GM. When I was shopping for a new car after the Mazda I didn't even consider Chrysler or Gm. The new Focus was nice overall, just not my style. My real complaint was the manual felt way too rubbery and that killed it for me. But then I stopped at a Chevy dealership just for the heck of it. I mean, I'll always drive just about everything in my price range and give 'em a fair shot; except for Chryslers. Low and behold, the Cruze was the best driving car, with the best features and gas millage for under $18k. I mean, I even got 17" chrome wheels and bluetooth!? Now it's over two years old, with 30,000 miles and no problems, just great gas mileage and very pleasant to drive. Oh yeah, I removed the resonator from the intake and hope to flash the computer one day. An extra 35hp and even better mpg's lol. It's a good car.

But I will own another speed3 one day, once I start making money again :)

View attachment 14371

You can imagine what it's like with, ahem............ a REAL crappy driving record. Yet I haven't been in an accident since 1976.

P.S. Knock on wood.

Yes! I have the SKS longboards from Rivendale bike works, keep them on all year.

I love my Surly. Great feel, and it can go forever. I've risen across the country twice on it. I dd put a LHT fork on though, to give me more front rack options

My daily driver is a 97 Honda civic POS, But on weekends it all about my original owner, 48k miles, 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8. I have had it all these years, and it still impresses me!

i put SKS longboards on my wife's bike..that she has ridden twice :(

speaking of Rivendell, i really really want a decked out Atlantis..man.

Rivendells are nice. Have a quickbeam which shares duty with the Boulder as a daily rider.

Regarding fenders - I am a believer. Prefer the aluminum honjo fenders over the plastic but they are more labor intense to install. Once on though they are usually hassle free.

6402230057_a922454334_z.jpg

Yeah they are great! That being said i feel like quality has gone down with brooks. The one in the picture is from their "select" line when I first put it on. They darken to the color of the regular honey model. The select is supposed to last longer than the standard line. So far it seems true, have logged about 6K on both now (have one on the boulder now too) and they are still good. The previous b.17 standard model lasted 6 months and then it was toast, whereas previously I got easily 3 years out of them.

I had hanjo fenders on my Rock Lobster touring rig, loved them, but like the plastic more on my Surly, as she takes a beating, and bike theft is a huge issue here. The nicer looking the bike, the more chance something on it going to walk. It's why mine is covered with stickers, all my parts are vintage (work great, but look crappy to the punk ass kids around here) and I keep it dirty. I also haven't replaced my bar tape since 2009, and it shows, hehe

Not that my bike isn't nice, or isn't my baby, but after a grand or so in vintage components, I just don't trust anyone. I'm on light number 3 since Christmas. They always walk. Why I duct taped mine on. Have had it the longest

Hear you on theft. Luckily I can take mine in at work so there is little risk. If I parked them outside there is no way I'd ride them.

I agree on brooks. I have a few laying around from different time frames, the recent I ones from the past ten years or so are just not the same. I'm sure it's due to increase in intreast following the fixie trend, and quality suffered due to more demand. It's sad really. I rode a B17 from the early 70's on both my longer tours. It was NOS when I first bought it, an after a few smaller tours leading up to my southern trans, it broke in nicely.

Again, I don't keep it on my commuter due to theft issues.

yeah it is a bummer. It annoys me that I have to pay more for their select model just to get the quality that their most basic model used be.
They also sold to Selle Royal, which I think had a lot to do with it. We got fancier packaging and free little saddle wrench (if any one wants a spare let me know) and proofhide in return for a downgraded saddle at an increased cost.

The Berthoud leather saddles are amazing btw. Super nice and thick leather. Expensive too though.

I do have a Cardiff leather I put on from time to time when I hit the road for more than 100 miles or so, not as quality as older Brooks, but on par with the current, at half the price

Back