Where in the US would you want to live?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, how about Galveston and College Station in TX? Just applied in both places. Dim chances but still interested to hear what it's like there. Oh, also applied to Terre Haute, IN, but have absolutely no idea about the area.

Stefan

Just checked Zillow and discovered my house dropped 60k in value in December. Where's this great economic recovery the govt's been shoving up my ass? At this point, Spain is looking very attractive as a place to live. And every day I find less and less motivation to move back to Amerika.

Just checked Zillow and discovered my house dropped 60k in value in December. Where's this great economic recovery the govt's been shoving up my ass? At this point, Spain is looking very attractive as a place to live. And every day I find less and less motivation to move back to Amerika.

Zillow zestimates aren't very accurate and there is always downward pressure at this time of year as buyers have more control than sellers.

k.

OK, how about Galveston and College Station in TX? Just applied in both places. Dim chances but still interested to hear what it's like there. Oh, also applied to Terre Haute, IN, but have absolutely no idea about the area.

Stefan

Galveston was gorgeous before the big hurricane hit. I'm not sure what it's like now. Hubby said there's not a lot to do in Terre Haute from what he remembers but that was 15 years ago so things could have changed. Never heard of college station. Out of the three I'd pick Galveston.

Don't rule out the south. There's nothing better than being surrounded by the mountains, lakes, oceans and beautiful landscapes. I'm counting the days until I can return.

College Station, TX is home to Texas A&M. Not a very attractive campus, but it is also the home for the Presidential Library of George H. W. Bush.

College Station, TX is home to Texas A&M. Not a very attractive campus, but it is also the home for the Presidential Library of George H. W. Bush.

Yep, A&M is where I applied. Another one with dim chances, but I didn't spread it out wide enough last year, so I just try and see if anything sticks. In most cases they look for a very specific profile and it's pure luck whether you meet that or not. That's what you get from studying all your life - you become so specialized in what you know and do that there are fewer and fewer jobs available for your field. The one good thing: No matter where I end up, except NYC, cost of living will be cheaper....

Stefan

Back