Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a video about rubber boards

IMG_2465.jpeg

In my YouTube suggested feed. The title made me so uncomfortable.

The title aside, I didn't find the video that bad. Sure, he fawned over the knife a lot but presented a bit of background to the forger and sharpener at the beginning and a few other interesting if not salient points. Perhaps I've been jaded by seeing so many knucklehead worthy posts but this one hardly merits its place in this pantheon of silliness.

Yeah I don't really know why we're supposed to hate on that guy. Even if you may not like his style or content, he at least seems to have a fair amount of experience and decent clue about what he's talking about and comparing.

As to stainless cutting boards... I would honestly love to see a comparison on that. 18/10 is waaay softer than knives, so who knows... it's likely to be a lot better than glass, stone, and that sort of thing. Sure it's unlikely to be as good as wood or rubber, but who knows maybe it's in the same ballpark as bamboo?

Yeah I don't really know why we're supposed to hate on that guy. Even if you may not like his style or content, he at least seems to have a fair amount of experience and decent clue about what he's talking about and comparing.

As to stainless cutting boards... I would honestly love to see a comparison on that. 18/10 is waaay softer than knives, so who knows... it's likely to be a lot better than glass, stone, and that sort of thing. Sure it's unlikely to be as good as wood or rubber, but who knows maybe it's in the same ballpark as bamboo?
He works for meesterslipjs in Holland which sell quite a few Japanese knives so I think knowledge is there for sure.

The title aside, I didn't find the video that bad. Sure, he fawned over the knife a lot but presented a bit of background to the forger and sharpener at the beginning and a few other interesting if not salient points. Perhaps I've been jaded by seeing so many knucklehead worthy posts but this one hardly merits its place in this pantheon of silliness.
Oh his content is fine. But if someone crushes their sales goals every month, and coincidentally talks about creaming their pants, they are both a productive employee and a knucklehead (and likely a sex pervert).

Back