• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mizuno Tanrenjo DX Suminagashi Wa Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CB1968

Reaction score
Lightly used in a home environment touched up on 8K DMT.
Blue #1 core, asymmetric right hand grind, in terms of performance this knife is unbelievable easily one of the best I have ever used.
I loaned this to a well respected forum member and the feedback from this individual was extremely positive.
I am getting rid of my carbon knives due to the humid climate and living 100m from the beach.

Handle is large octagonal from ebony with buffalo horn ferrule.
Edge 230mm
O.A.L 384mm
Handle 141mm
Depth 49mm
Thickness at heel 2.3mm
Half way 1.7mm
1cm from tip 1.05mm
Weight 198 grams

Paid $1200 asking $850 which includes worldwide postage

Wow, I own this knife too...great knife, amazing deal...GLWS!

Looking at that choil, I sure wish all Mizunos looked like that! GLWS.

I was lucky enough to borrow this knife for a couple of months. It truly is one of the best performers out there, edge holding is also great.
Such a great price GLWS

That is my favorite knife in my collection. Glws! Someone is going to score big with this.

That is my favorite knife in my collection. Glws! Someone is going to score big with this.

Mine too. I'd move away from the coast rather than part with my Mizuno Suminigashi.

Forgot to mention, this knife comes with Magnolia saya

Wow, beautyyyy! If it weren't so humid around here....

Bump and price reduction $800

Any interest in trading this for a Shigeki Tanaka R2 + Cash? I'd have to wait until August to do the cash part... The Tanaka is a killer knife, but I've wanted one of these since, well, Salty talked it up.

Sorry not looking to trade at the moment need $$$ for some other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back