• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 225mm Enso Forge W2 Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be listing a couple knives that are barely in my rotation, and this is the first to go.

Don’t get me wrong, just because I don’t reach for it doesn’t mean that it’s not a good knife. Actually, that’s very far from it…

This stunning example of a western made gyuto has an incredibly comfortable “ergonomic” western handle made from the best blonde buffalo horn and Arizona desert ironwood. Extremely easy on the hands, the many facets guide the user to many kinds of natural gripping styles. The small amount of ku is also intentional, providing friction against the skin for pinch grips. Spine and choil are rounded to utmost perfection.

The hamon is ethereal, yet very noticeable, which is a good balance for honyakis. If you run your hand across the grind, you can feel that prevalent convexity, coupled with the forward balance, thus making this knife an extreme pleasure to cut with. Never sharpened, and the edge still has tons of life. Used twice, so there's some patina on it (as shown), I can always take it off, just let me know. I paid close to $900ish for this but my loss is your gain, the price will reflect that.

Specs:

226x55mm
252g
4.5mm at the handle
W2 Honyaki
Figured Desert Ironwood Handle with Blonde Buffalo Horn Ferrule and Stainless Steel Pin

Price: $750 $650 $550 SOLD, USA ONLY (international, let’s talk in the DM’s)

D2E9E41F-4AE8-44AB-BF3A-4C825EAD338F.jpeg
B02822AE-7525-46EA-B449-87DBB774391F.jpeg
A81EDCC2-0458-44B1-A24D-030FB940CF5A.jpeg
A569BBDD-E0E3-40B1-BA25-C17F56F9DF6D.jpeg

Last edited:
If i were buying, I'd be checking this one out. Sweet specs, and handsome looking package for sure

Back