• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240 Hiromoto honyaki w#2 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbochef422

Reaction score
Brand new knife just not my style. Looks like a cool knife has visible hamon on both sides. Needs to be rounded on the sharp spots f&f is ok not great. Bought it $320 all in asking $285 shipped conus

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Too light. Thin. I've been into my Kato and shig lately so this just won't get used

Surprised no one has jumped on this. Hiromoto is a terrific maker, thin, good steel, and where can you find a Honyaki by a reputable maker so cheap? They will also soon be unavailable due to the maker's retirement....

I wish the exchange rate was better!! I've been waiting for one of these to show up for a long time

I'm in love lately with my western Kato so it doesn't compare. I do understand the Kato is double the price though. The Hiromoto's spine isn't rounded or choil. It's really minor things I probably wouldn't have noticed before.

I actually like the handle a lot. On the bigger side nicely done in my opinion. If shown a little love this knife could be a ridicules bargain.

Agreed, mine came in today and it is quite a knife if you enjoy a laser. The fit and finish seems very good except as noted with neither the spine nor choil being rounded...and it needs a sharpening:)

GLWS, this is a really sweet deal for someone. In fact, full retail on these is a great deal, this is a steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back