• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 3 knife set - Kagekiyo, S Tanaka, Moritaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at the end of 2020, I was trying to make concerted effort to slim down my knife collection. I tend to be a user, not a collector and having knives in boxes unused stresses me. In the end, I'd made a few trades, which has left me in the same place - knives in boxes and me somewhat stressing over them. Covid and general life has enough stress right now, so these have to go.

I'm looking to sell all three of these knives as a set. Where I am is currently under stay at home orders, so I'm trying to limit any trips out and trying to make this easy on myself.

Price: $560CDN shipping to Canada, $575CDN (~$455USD) shipped to ConUS, shipped with insurance.

Kagekiyo Kiritsuke Gyuto 240 White 2
Length: 225mm along the edge
Height: 46mm above the heel
Weight: 189g
Ships with magentic saya (but no pin).

Received this knife in a trade - as far as I know I'm the second owner. I had planned to keep this for a longer time period, but bought something else I feel will fit me more. As a result, I'd started doing the wide bevel sharpening so the whole wide bevel has touched a Shapton Pro 1K. I'd take it Tosho to refinish (but they are limiting themselves to knives sold by them right now), so as a result, the pricing in the bundle really does benefit you. There is a few scratches that got on one side up above the bevel - pics of the bevel will be in the second post. As well, I'm not sure about it but to me it looks like near the tip is slightly "flat" and not the curve that I would expect. I know it's not due to my sharpening, but as this was a used knife, I don't know if it is original or not. Again pics of that will be in the second post.
20210124_153148.jpg

20210124_153157.jpg

Shigeki Tanaka 210 Gyuto R2
Length: 210mm along the edge
Height: 48mm above the heel
Weight: 159g

Received this in a trade - as far as I know I'm the third owner. Just something about it doesn't jive with me - profile and steel seem nice, but something isn't clicking. It wasn't as sharp as I would've liked for the one meal prep I did with it, so it has been touched up on a Shapton Glass 6K, but IMO it needs to see a lower grit stone to bring it up par. This is the knife from this review: Shigeki Tanaka Damascus SG2 210mm
20210124_153023.jpg

20210124_153041.jpg

20210124_153049.jpg

Moritaka 240 Gyuto
Length: 255mm along the edge
Height: 47mm above the heel
Weight: 155g

Bought here: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/the-90-cad-bin-bottom-knife.51027/post-773301. Bought it as I'd decided I wanted a lighter weight 240, and then 4 hours later ended up being offer the trade for the Kagekiyo. As this took longer to get to me, I've never ended up using it so it is in the same condition I received it. You can check out his threads for more info about what has gone on with this knife.

20210124_153316.jpg

20210124_153324.jpg

Last edited:
Back