A Paean to the Cerax / Ouka 3k

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I “needed” a 3k and a 6k stone. So I just bought the Cerax 3k, King ice bear 4K and 6k, Arashiyama 6k, and Kitayama 8k. Will be at least the third time I have said I will never need another stone. I really hope I don’t get into jnats.
How are you doing on cutting boards?

I didn't pay attention. Was just suggesting another money grabber 🤣
Guy and gals. Listen up. If you want a money grabber- take up scuba diving. Makes knives and stones seem cheap.

My girlfriend has a cutting board on her list for my birthday present. So I can’t buy one for myself or she will get mad.

I will share my thoughts on the Cerax once I have used it.

Guy and gals. Listen up. If you want a money grabber- take up scuba diving. Makes knives and stones seem cheap.

My girlfriend has a cutting board on her list for my birthday present. So I can’t buy one for myself or she will get mad.

I will share my thoughts on the Cerax once I have used it.
Scuba diving is worse than a boat?

Should I be soaking the Cerax? A couple distributors say do not soak.

It'll work perfectly with a 10 or 15 min soak. You can permasoak it if you find convenient (I do), but it acts the same as just soaking for 10 mins.

I have a Rika 3K and a Naniwa Pro 3K, any reasons for me to pick one of these up? I think I remember this thing being a great synth kasumi stone per the grandiose thread no?

I was under the impression that the Rika was 5k and the Ouka 3k, though might be wrong.

If you have a Rika 3k, then I imagine it’s the same stone as the Ouka / Cerax 3k... (?)

Back