• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD A quartet of Swedes: Spåre integral, Lundbergs TWR damascus, Knives by Lars big gyuto, JG western

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrEriksson

Reaction score
All prices are with G&S and global shipping (within reasonable cost from Sweden). I’m not looking for trades but there are a few western high-end makers I’m interested in. Feel free to try me. I have references that should satisfy even the most worried of prospective buyers.

xxxxxxxxxx

-traded-
Steel by Lundbergs k-tip gyuto - 240 x 55, 259 g - Euro 500
-traded-

Pictures and timestamp:

This is a knife with a gorgeous rosewood handle with a bright color shift. Steel is Böhler TWR, with a damascus cladding of 15n20 and ubh20c. Not sure what to say more about this knife. Think it’s a killer price for a TWR with damascus clad and such a nice looking handle. This one is for sale since it’s a little flat for my taste. Can’t find original price.

xxxxxxxxxx

-sold-
JG Knives western gyuto - 207 x 58, 192 g - Euro 300
-sold-

Pictures and timestamp:

JG is not a very well known maker and his knives are rare to see. Based on my experience he does deserve recognition. Knife has a very appealing aesthetic with a nice brown Arizona ironwood. The blade is a proper laser. I measured it to be 0.80, 0.70 and 0.70 mm thick 10 mm BTE. That is less than my Takamura R2. Steel is ubh20c. I’m letting this knife go since I don’t want too many smaller knives, but this one I might regret selling. Price new was Euro 400.

xxxxxxxxxx

-sold-
Knives by Lars gyuto - 256 x 60, 254 g - Euro 250
-sold-

Pictures and timestamp:

Lars is an affordable knife maker that has been active for longer than most of the other Swedes you might recognize. He didn’t say how, but he does some type of differential hardening that allows the formation of kurouchi. It is a very well-balanced knife, and many guests have commented on the handle which is in burnt cross-cut oak. I have eased the shoulders a bit and after that done a lazy one-directional sandpaper polish up till 600 grit. Steel is c75s. I’m letting this knife go due to my growing collection of large knives and because I’m fond of a cleaner look. Price new was Euro 300.

xxxxxxxxxx

-sold-
Spåre knives integral qyuto - 275 x 54, 273 g - Euro 430
-sold-

Pictures and timestamp:

Have a feeling you know who this maker is. Knife is made of 2092 (Swedish variant of 52100, from what I’ve been told) and has an integral bolster with heirloom fit. Handle is in a lively stabilized birch burl. I have thinned the knife BTE. This one is hard to put up for sale, but it came down to two things. First is that it’s slightly low and a tad too flat for my taste. Second is that I have three 270-ish knives from Fredrik: one I “helped” to do and one really rare san mai. Don’t remember exact price, but I think asked price is about what I paid with VAT and shipping.

Last edited:
Wow that Spåre though…how can you beat that kind of knife for that kind of price from that kind of blacksmith. Amazing.
Thanks. It’s a good knife. A bit thicker grind than some of the smaller gyutos and a bit too low for me. But hopefully it finds a good home.

So is the Lars 250 euro or 300? Beautiful knife. Just found him on Instagram… awesome stuff!! Love his shapes…
Sorry if that was unclear. I also posted on reddit and there original price is requested. So I’m asking Euro 250 shipped, and I think I paid Euro 300 when I bought it. Give or take a few Euros.

To add. Lars is a nice guy and I can recommend supporting him. Regardless if it’s through buying from me or from him. He’s been at it for a long time, but I think only as a hobby, so there aren’t that many knives from him out there.

I pray that @tylerleach will buy that KBL gyuto before I can’t take it anymore. It’s basically free at this point! @DrEriksson has put the spotlight on so many great smiths and I really appreciate his sharing on this and other forums. Best of luck with the sales and with future endeavors!

Thanks. I appreciate it!

Back