• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD a smaller Maruoyama Shiro Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16756

Reaction score
Heya folks I recently bought a gigantic one of these so Im going to let this smaller one go.

In this image it is 3rd from the left on the middle row. (Ill edit its own images in later). Smaller at 155x85x27mm and 841 grams, there is still tons of face to polish with or sharpen with. Typical of these, it is soft, muddy and a bit less fine than some other suitas.

Top stamps are gone (as you can see), but I do have the box. I would like $250 shipped to CONUS (and CONUS only) for this stone.

Would consider a trade towards certain Togashi/Shi.Han knives but probably little else.

jants2.jpg

Last edited:
hey folks really struggling with lighting today so just gonna add some supplemental photos

IMG_6181 (2).jpg

this is the back, it's very flat if you like to mount to dais/plates, but I havent planed it and by touch it might have a light coating of lacquer on it:
IMG_6182 (2).jpg

beautiful finish, of course. a bit more subtle on the contrast but so so easy to get great results with these stones:
IMG_6183 (2).jpg

You seriously can’t go wrong with Maruoyama. I tried a small stone first, an aisa, after that I was hooked.

They perform incredibly well and are incredibly easy to use

Definitely buy this!

👍🏻

Back