• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Akebono 21cm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XooMG

Reaction score
Knife was bought on recommendation. Nice knife but the neck length and overall mightiness aren't really my cup of tea, and I need to fund another knife.

Minimal use and no work done to it. Two-tone sheath fits well. Got an upscale handle from James.
  • 213mm long
  • 50-51mm tall
  • 219g
US$320 shipped. Non-CONUS preferred, but not required.

Thanks for looking.
d60Uv4o.jpg
KDlWQWw.jpg

Ku3jCiL.jpg
(Akebono on left, Kato standard on right)

That's some crazy good price, especially with the premium handle and saya. Wish it was a 240.
GLWS

That spine shot is really cool seeing how the two differ in the taper from heel to tip. GLWS!
Thanks. I worry that the spine shot will discourage buyers who are seeking continuous thickness taper and an anorexic tip (admittedly that's my preference too), but it's a very robust and stiff knife and is a good cutter that should strike a chord with some.

Looking for an Akebono k tip. Interesting that there seems to be a preference for 240 versus 210. Being a home chef, I find the 240 to be a bit unwieldy but is there a preference amongst the pro chefs for the 240 and if so why?

Latest posts

Back