• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Alexander Bazes 225mm Gyuto - Iron Clad/Blue 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling a really primo gyuto from Alexander Bazes. One of my favorites in the 210-240mm range actually, but I'm in line for another from him and am going to get one with a taller heel. This is a fine example of his work. Excellent kurouchi finish, nice wide bevels, kasumi finish and great heat treat. A nice blend of easter and western makers in many ways. I am original owner. Sharpened once. I'd call this a really nice mid-weight knife, capable and steady. Specs are:
  • Iron clad Blue #2
  • Burmese Rosewood handle w/hammered copper ferrule
  • Weight: 218 grams
  • Heel at: 54mm
  • Blade at: 225mm
  • OAL at: 365mm
  • Includes a blade guard/saya to match from Alexander
It is very, very similar to this knife from Eating Tools, which depict the quality of this blade better than my photos can:
https://www.eatingtools.com/gallery-of-sold-tools/671-bog-oak-san-mai-gyuto-220mm.html

Asking $900 OBO, open to certain trades - tall Wats, Raquins, Catchesides, Radars, Shi.Han, maybe a few others. Photos below. My choil shot sucks - it's 50/50 grind. Think behind the edge for certain.
IMG_2033.jpg
IMG_2034.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg
IMG_2040.jpg

Latest posts

Back