Any knife nerd patent lawyers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensbites

Reaction score
I have a folding knife locking mechanism I think is patentable. I am working on a prototype, and trying to figure out the next steps to patent this.

I have worked on patents as a drug discovery chemist, I am sure this is much simpler.

I'd start at searching the patent database to see if it resembles something already patented or described...for sure a patent lawyer will do that for you, but at a price...

I'd start at searching the patent database to see if it resembles something already patented or described...for sure a patent lawyer will do that for you, but at a price...
Thanks. I have gotten that far and am not finding anything.

that is a great start! If you know what the invention is worth where it may pay off to go for a patent or a few.

Often trade offices have like a flow chart or description of the process, not sure where you are located but in NL a rough estimate of patent cost is 3+K for a national patent it goes up with the number of years you want to keep it in the air.

EU patents anywhere north of 25K
International patents anything from 20K upwards.

(a buddy of me used to be in the patent business reviewing patents)

A first conversation at a patent is often for free but the process will differ based on where you are located and where you want the patent to be granted.

Back