Anyone know CCK hardness

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndoorOutdoorCook

Reaction score
I am on vacation and all I brought to grandmas house is CCK 1103 and a king 250/1000 combo stone. I havent used this much for the last few years. My normal knives are all harder chukabocho. Figured if the TSA lost it I wouldnt be out too much $. Actually I touched up this knife on gesshin 5k before I left. It was struggling on tomato skin at 5k. I sharpened it quickly on 1k and it cuts great.

Just curious what hardness this steel is, I couldnt find it listed anywhere. I am guessing below 58? Is it meant to only take a toothy edge?

No clue but I use a steel on mine occasionally.

No clue on my front either. But based on how often I have to hone it and how fast the edge rolls, I would too assume that's it's in the 57-58hrc ballpark if not less. The cck 1103/1303 is a knife that would definitely benefit from a microbevel if you intend to take it to a higher grit. I typically sharpen my 1303 on a 1k stone and strop on a loaded balsa or on a 5k stone with a microbevel.

Back