• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Bazes Gyuto 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Reaction score
Hey KKF,

I would like to sell this Bazes. This was intended to stay in the line up as a gyuto/suji hybrid but I ended up pulling the trigger on a sujihiki. Bazes work is fantastic. This blade has beautiful suminagashi cladding that has developed a nice patina. With that said, I can remove the patina upon request. I have used this knife < 10 times, never sharpened or stropped. Here are the specs:

Edge length: 240 mm

Height: 52 mm

Weight: 194 grams

Steel: Blue 2, Iron Clad

Handle: Curly Black Walnut

Hrc: 63 - 64

Profile: Sanjo style, thick spine, not too much taper until you reach the very tip. Super thin BTE, convex designed for food release. This is a potato/protein slayer (ok on onions, too thick for squash)

Comes with padded case.

Asking $820 $800 shipped/insured CONUS, international DM please

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

CA323B7E-DF51-4A85-B737-F3E8B9EBCDB8.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

Last edited:

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
Reaction score
Alex’s asymmetrical grind is one of the best in the game. Plus, the custom he made me had one of the best cutting feels I have ever experienced.

GLWS

Reaction score
Here’s another choil shot. I didnt specify an asymmetric grind so I had to take another look at it. I think there is a low spot near the heel that is making it seem more asymmetric than it is. In use I could not tell a difference from my symmetric ground knives

EDIT: this has been confirmed as being asymmetric favoring right handers, sorry for the confusion on my part

B1DFB34E-DADB-434B-8EA1-782027D2F7E8.jpeg

Last edited:

EricEricEric

Reaction score
Amazing, these custom knife makers do such an amazing job and the fact that you can get these knives customs I just feel the Japanese makers just can’t compete with that especially at the price points these knives are sold for