• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Cleaver(s)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who cares about Gyutos?

I want more cleavers.

what’s out there?

looking for something “special”. Customs, semi customs, re-handled .... no $10 Wokshop babies ;)

Can buy outright or offer trades ....

I’d second this. Rob is a great custom maker to work with, very receptive and good at communication. Aussie dollar isn’t the strongest either.

How much would a custom cleaver like that go for (approximately)?

e.g. stainless clad AS cleaver or blue paper (1 or 2) with stainless cladded cleaver etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5hs-nEHyL6/
Robert just made a custom cleaver. Go have a look :D:D:D

This is my cleaver, waited on Roberts books for 6-7 months, wait time might be up a bit now. Robert is top shelf to work with. He asked me what I wanted, I gave him the length and the height and a weight I wanted to shoot for. He hit them on the money. Can’t recommend him enough, it’ll set me back 850.00, worth every penny IMO. I’ve asked four other makers, 3 well known, about making a cleaver and was turned down because they didn’t want to deal with a forged cleaver. Glad he was willing and able!

Hit up KeMaDi for a bulat cleaver. Mine is also 200x100 and just waiting for saya and handle to be done.

I have a 210 Moritaka cleaver that I just started trying to knock down the shoulders a little. Looks a little beat up at the moment but it cuts like a dream :) PM if you'd like more info/pics

Chris

Back