• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD [CONUS] Toyama KU 240 mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myguidingmoonlight

Reaction score
For sale is a (used) 240mm Toyama KU Gyuto with burnt chestnut handle that I bought from Michael. This used to be my dream knife but unfortunately I haven't been using it much recently, tastes change I guess.

Specs:

Dimensions: 240mm x 55mm

Spine width (unchanged): Handle - 4.2mm, Above Heel - 3.5mm, Middle- 2.4mm, 1cm from the tip - 1.3mm

Weight - 225g

Details:

Used it for several meals. Sharpening consists of: multiple maintenance stropping on a 4k grit Belgian Blue stone. And some convex 'sharpening' on an 3k Ouka - this one was purely to soften up the slightly thick tip and reintroduce some edge convexity. I was careful to not remove much of the original geometry.

The tip (and edge) is slightly thinner and cuts nicer now, at the cost of superficial scratches on the bevel (you can see them in the video).

Still a great cutting knife with 99% of its life left, just need a bit of a beauty spa.

Asking Price:

Selling for $375 though PayPal G&S, shipping separate from asking price.

Pictures and video:

20231204_160853.jpg

20231204_160946.jpg20231204_161003.jpg

Back