• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Cris Anderson 200mm chef in W2 (yet another unicorn)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
The Knife in all it's glory

200mm custom chef made by Cris Anderson. This knife started his Extra Heavy line. Thick spine, agressive taper, thin tip and very good food release.

Mizu honyaki W2 steel hardened to a crazy ~65 HRC. Easy to sharpen, holds edge pretty well and not chippy.
  • 200mm length.
  • 50mm height at the heel.
  • Weight 170g
  • Balance point is 1cm from the handle.
Sharpened twice. It's been mostly a drawer queen that I pulled when wanted to compare its cutting ability with other rivals. And speaking of cutting and food release — it's one of the best. On par with Kato and other customs.

Leather sheath with tight fit.

W2 (don't confuse with White #2) takes a really nice blue/red/yellow patina

Bog Oak with >hundred years old wrough iron insert.

A glimpse of pretty wild hamon and maker's mark

Thick spine, thin behind the edge.
50mm spine near the handle. 20mm spine mid blade. 0.6mm spine 1cm from the tip.

Cris offers a touchup for the new customer for the price of shipping. And option to convert handle to his newer style (or change handle completely), but that's extra.

Upon request I can clean knife from patina and/or sharpen it proior to shipping.

Asking 800$ shipped. I believe you can't beat it at this price level.

Ping me in PM or Instagram @icanhaschzbrgr for any questions.

Last edited:
This knife probably acts more like a 210 mm or even 215 mm when you consider how the choil is radiused. If you use in a pinch grip 100% of the time, that missing 1-1.5 cm at the heel isn't so vital. Great looking knife, GLWS!

Cleaned patina to show hamon

P4201093.jpg

P4201092.jpg

This unicorn is still looking for new home

Attachments

• P4201094.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
Back