Dave Martell...?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumbleHomeCook

Embrace your knifesculinity!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a year since Dave Martell was posting about a family in imminent threat of becoming homeless. Although I have zero knowledge, I always suspected he was talking about himself. Again, that was just my read.

He hasn't posted since and for some reason I can't @ him. I hope he is doing well.

I posted in the said thread and didn't even think that it could be about Dave Martell himself.... I sincerely hope that he and his family are doing well!!! So sorry to hear that!!!

Hi all -

Old thread I realize, but was curious to know if there was any news of his wellbeing? He and I had been communicating some time ago regarding his challenges. In an effort to help I 'bought' some sharpening classes that I'd never use, but obviously that was just a baby crutch. Just hoping the guy is alright. I still have one of those old stock Monster Foster cleavers he did a group sell of.

Life can be a ***** boys and girls. Things can happen to any of us. Keep your loved ones close, tell them you care and do the best you can in the good times, because there will always be bad times.

Again, I hope Dave and his family are doing well. The same goes for all of you KKF'ers. I can't offer much, but any of you ever just need an ear, I'm a DM away.

I'm sorry to hear that Dave isn't sharpening. His knives arrived as the sharpest I have held. I learned a lot about deburring from him.

I very much hope he's doing OK.

Yeah, I did not put it together that the thread was about him. I’m sorry to hear he has fell on bad times. I hope his situation has gotten better.

Back