Does this Gesshin Heiji look right to you?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Line

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents of kkf.

Just recently acquired a 270mm Gesshin Heiji Kurouchi SS Gyuto through a third party, and upon visual inspection... Something looks off to me. While looking down the spine of the knife, it appears like somebody attempted to hammered back a bend blade. Now I know heijis are hand forge and it could just be like that from the maker.. I wanted to get a second opinion from the pros here. Does this image of the spine look off to you?

2015-10-01%2002.41.03_zpscwab99nm.jpg

if its from me, we'll get you squared away.... shoot me an email about this... might have to wait until november, but still...

Thank you for the quick reply Jon. I got the knife through a private seller that claims to have purchased the knife from you in May. Anything could have happened while in his possession, you shouldn't be held responsible for it. I just wanted to know if this is to be expected from the knife maker. If not, I'll send a message to the guy who sold me the knife and request a refund.

If the knife is still usable and you don't mind too much, I'd take Jon up on his offer

Mods: Can you please kindly close this thread. The seller has reached out to me and Jon is lending a hand to take a look at the knife. Thank you KKF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back