• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gihei 240mm Hap-40 Kazahana Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchplay18

Banned
Reaction score
Hello looking for a really nice Gihei Kazahana Hap 40 240mm gyuto. Preferably 53mm to 56mm. Maybe never sharpened?? I am helping an associate who doesn't speak much English.
If you have one to sell please send me a PM

I can speak with 100% certainty, but last I checked, Gihei doesn’t make them that tall. To my knowledge, they usually cap out at around 52mm. Do you have a link or reference for these specs?

Additionally, there aren’t a lot of fans of his here. Why I don’t know, his blue 2 is some of the best I’ve used.

GLWB

I can speak with 100% certainty, but last I checked, Gihei doesn’t make them that tall. To my knowledge, they usually cap out at around 52mm. Do you have a link or reference for these specs?

Additionally, there aren’t a lot of fans of his here. Why I don’t know, his blue 2 is some of the best I’ve used.

GLWB
Hello
Thanks for the info.we do some processing catering. We like Hap 40 ApexUltra for Edge retention. I would absolutely agree with you. We now mostly use Spare Apex Gyutos.We had about 5 Gihei Gyutos real workhorses. Blade heights 53 to 56mm We bought most from Protool.You can't find that height anymore. Must have been a short run on these. District Cutlery had some 53mm height for awhile One of our associates was looking for one.

Back