• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Good Knives <200$

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blumbo

just a normal dude
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spring cleaning is upon us and I must retroactively justify other purchases so I’m letting go of these knives at a low price.

L->R

Goko Kogetsu Mandai Gyuto
-Mystery stainless
-180x44mm, 163g - 160$

Knot Handcrafted Custom Long Petty
-190x34mm, 132g - 160$ -> 140$

Non Hatsukokoro Yoake
-B1
-250x52mm, 195g - 160$

IMG_2473.jpeg

Will prioritize and give a discount to anyone who wants to bundle!

Last edited:
Original Post for Goko:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...o-kogetsu-mandai-stainless-gyuto-180mm.70053/

Spent a long time sanding down handle and choil/spine. Really hard stainless steel that takes aggressive edge. Significantly harder than any ginsan or vg10 I’ve tried. Has a surprising amount of convexity and stiffness for how thin it is.

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg
IMG_2546.jpeg

Last edited:
A custom from Michael. Really nice f/f and pretty handle on this guy, I just prefer using my western petties. I sharpened once on a bbw and cleaned off the patina (imperfectly).

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

Last edited:
original post for yoake:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...umi-300mm-gyuto-yoake-240.70726/#post-1095459

A really imperfect knife on a technical level but nothing wrong with it on a practical level. The way the tang is ground makes it have an obligate machi gap unless you have a dremel (or a file for the handle) and it’s offset so the knife hangs out more on the right side of the handle (edge down). I did try to polish it up and put on a kasumi but at some point it did feel like putting makeup on a pig and I lost motivation for it as a project knife, so setting it free to a more motivated or less particular individual. Has a really nice taper and thin tip 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_2475.jpeg

IMG_2476.jpeg

IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg

Last edited:
Back