great board!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toto

Reaction score
hey

Thanks for the board! It is so nice its going to be hard to give it away! Maybe I just wont!

14%2B-%2B1

Altho the last one I gave away was sexy as well! Walnut and cheery

10399003_1206369836212_188813_n.jpg

Did UPS get my walnut one get back to you for love and repairs after a hard life? That is another great board! Top right in photo
2882_1150863568590_2041449_n.jpg

Your walnut board is in the shop and I am trying to find wood to match what I will have to cut off.

From the conversation my mom (I am out of the country and cant make calls) had it looks like the walnut bored will never be seen again. Disappointing that I am out not only the $400 bored but the $65 repair cost.

The response I got via email from my mom who called twice in the past month.
oh yeah….your screwed. Dan/David is closing up shop and he doesn’t know where the board is at the moment
said he’ll let us know if he finds it. bye bye board….

He honestly didn’t sound like he gave a care….so I wouldn’t count on anything from him.

When your mother called today, I was in the middle of something very complicated and wasn't able to switch gears and understand what she was trying to communicate.

First, I didn't understand the name so I had her repeat it. When she said it so I could understand it I assumed, I hate that word!, that she was calling about the board to be repaired. As I told her the last time she called, when she actually said the call was about a repair, I was trying to get a crosscut that would more closely match the original board. I doubt if you would want a repair that looked like a piece of crap so I waited until I was able to come up with a piece that more closely matched. As I told her last time, I have those pieces. Simply gluing them on is the easy part, sanding them down is a b****! With all the oil and fats in the wood, a simply glue joint will fail quickly and sanding the repair pieces to match the height of the board is even harder. The oils and fats clog the sand paper in an instant requiring constant cleaning of the belts and cleaning those belts takes longer than they last on the surface of the board.

So, here is where we are now, (I really don't want to take up space on the forum but since you made the charge I feel it is necessary. You created a PayPal dispute for the very board shown in the first post of this thread. Those dollars are now out of my account and you have a board, a 16 x 22 maple board to be exact, received on 12/24. I have your 18 x 24 walnut board which is in the process of repair, the $65 I charged for repair paid for that repair as well as return shipping. Are you screwed? NO! Will you get the 18 x 24 board? YES! I haven't cheated anyone yet and have no reason to start doing so now.

If your mother had been more exact about what she was asking for I might have been able to be more exact in the answer I gave. Do I care? Yes I do. As I said prior, I haven't cheated anyone yet and have no intention to start doing so now. Am I closing? Yes! Health conditions at home are far more important than a stupid cutting board and that is the reason I am closing shop! Are you screwed? No!. Her assessment is totally off base as was the PayPal dispute for a board you showed in the photo.

Tell you what I will do. Since your mother is so sure I am out to cheat you, I will finish the repair, refund you the $65 you paid and send the board back to you at my expense. Will that make you feel better? Maybe trying to bash me on the forum helped somewhat as well.

Do whatever you want.... its 6 months later and I don't care.

David Smith <[email protected]>
11/17/14

to me
I did receive the funds via PayPal and will look for the board this week. I will start next week with the repair, I have a show this weekend and will be preparing for it for the week.

I have some seconds available in the 12 x 18 size, maple or cherry only.

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 5:32 AM
To: David Smith
Subject: Re: board repair

Ron Totagrande <[email protected]>
11/17/14

to David
How much is the cherry

11/17/14

to me
$122.35 plus $22.95 UPS.

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 5:58 AM

11/20/14

to David
cool i will paypal the money now if possible can i get a board butter too.

11/20/14

to me
Please refresh my memory so I can be sure to send the correct board. I believe it might be for a 16 x 22 maple second and board butter.

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:46 AM

11/20/14

to David
I think cherry but if you dont have it maple is fine.

12/6/14

to David
Did you have a chance to send the board yet?

Feb 3

to David
Hi

Any luck with the walnut board?

Mar 10

to David
Hi

Have you had a chance to finish the repair the walnut board I sent in.

Thanks

Mar 29

to David
Hi

Have you had a chance to work on the repair of my walnut bored ?

Ron

Never ends, does it? Actually, you left out some emails from Feb on. Couldn't find those?

I am sorry you guys ended up in a conflict, but I am wondering why this sort of communication needed to be published in a thread and was not taken care of via PMs. Things like this happen from time to time for variety of reasons and mostly without any ill intentions, but it really serves no one to put them on a display.

It seems that Toto decided to try to shame Dave into getting his board back and by posting only partial information to make him look as bad as possible. Personally, from the information that is laid out, I wouldn't do a thing until that other board was paid for. Dave - I would hold on to that Walnut board until you get paid for the other one he is screwed you on. I can understand the frustration from Toto's side knowing you are closing shop, but seems like if he screwed you over on the Maple board, that issue should be resolved first before completing any other work.

I apologize for continuing his discussion. I just hate to be attacked like that without a chance to present my side. He will get his board and I am sure that PayPal will end his dispute since I provided a UPS tracking number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back