Guys, it appears we have been lied to.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 3 nieces are all camped out at Grandma's and working/going to school.

Younger brother gave youngest niece a Victorinox Fibrox chef knife last November for her 18th B day.

A couple of years back, he had given the oldest niece the carbon steel cored wa handled pettit knife I made my first post here about.

I gave middle niece a Fujitora DP VG-10 core gyuto this past Christmas.

I also taught nephew who lives nearby how to use water stones and sharpen knives this last Thanksgiving...

They have all the pieces. I'll let the next generation work it out at their own pace.

Good keep it going. Many of my relatives are decent free hand sharpeners. I know some of the cooks & culinary students I have taught have taught others. It is still a small %. Most people are clueless. Just word of mouth get people asking me to sharpen their knives, all are stainless and many in dishwashers with rust & overheated handles. Here many are those old Mac knives with round tips & the hole in the blade to hang it on a nail. Some of the older larger mac knives had ebony handles. I clean up the handles & blades before sharpen, figure these old Macs are worth saving. When they pick them up I give a short easy lesson in knife care.

Latest posts

Back