• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Gyuto Package ASAP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishmanDE

Reaction score
Updated Ginga Post:

Hey,

I came into a unicorn and need to liquidate fast. I’m offering a package of 3 knives:

BN 270mm Gesshin Ginga gyuto
240mm Mazaki JNS coal gyuto
BNIB 240mm CKC Itsuo Doi Gyuto

Ginga was used for test cuts only, original link below. Mazaki from our good friend Carl in Sweden, a few test cuts as well and same for the Doi. Ginga is new, Maz is sorted and has upgraded handle but it needs Straightening. The Doi needs to be thinned, rehandled and possibly straightened as stated in the other post, I got it for free but I just don’t have the time to deal with it and there’s been a good deal of interest.

Maz 243x53mm (small chip at heel from shipping)
Ginga 264x51.5mm (small scuff from saya during shipping)
Doi 247x56mm (needs thinning and rehandling)

Price is $850 shipped with insurance and tracking for all 3 in the CONUS. PM with questions. I will not be splitting these.

Nick

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/ginga-and-misono-package-deal.52411/
BINB:
https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/products/gesshin-ginga-270mm-stainless-wa-gyuto
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/gyuto-gyuto-honesuki.52394/#post-796612
https://carbonknifeco.com/products/itsuo-doi-aogami
Nick

Attachments

• C433F1BF-383C-46BB-A1C4-19E7D813FC3B.jpeg
    C433F1BF-383C-46BB-A1C4-19E7D813FC3B.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 169
  • BF234C86-E81A-4389-BEB1-64B8DDD8E7CA.jpeg
    BF234C86-E81A-4389-BEB1-64B8DDD8E7CA.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 4544E1D4-1BE1-468F-89CE-F7A416D03B1B.jpeg
    4544E1D4-1BE1-468F-89CE-F7A416D03B1B.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 100
  • 20715A27-896E-4D94-9461-AF284D029F6C.jpeg
    20715A27-896E-4D94-9461-AF284D029F6C.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 94
  • CA5E6322-BA11-41EF-8D53-0F4243FCAC76.jpeg
    CA5E6322-BA11-41EF-8D53-0F4243FCAC76.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 0B3AB85A-DBAA-4706-9FBD-D758178AE65D.jpeg
    0B3AB85A-DBAA-4706-9FBD-D758178AE65D.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Yo Nick, Pls edit your post re Pay Pal fees. Per PP rules and BST rules, the seller eats the PP fees. Now if someone makes an offer to send FF for xxx.xx dollars then that's up to you.

And FWIW, the GG 270 was my first Japanese knife and I loved it. GLWS.

Adjusted. Sorry about that. Price has been adjusted to conform to BST rules but has room for negotiation based this ^ context.

And FWIW, the GG 270 was my first Japanese knife and I loved it. GLWS.

And thanks! Yea, it’s amazing, I just prefer taller blades for that length. I’m definitely glad I got to try it though, the feeling of cutting with a laser is heavily addicting lol

This thread is kind of confusing. There are a bunch of knives listed for $850, and then there there's a post saying you'll take $275? I'll take all of them for $275.

sorry, I repurposed a thread for one of the knives here to save space and not spam BST and forgot to check the comments. Price is $850

The wife just found out I bought the Kono and I’m fearing for my life. $750 shipped now. I need these packed and shipped out today or I don’t think I’ll be waking up tomorrow. Help a brother out and buy a knife to save a life. Open to partial trades and reasonable offers.

The wife just found out I bought the Kono and I’m fearing for my life. $750 shipped now. I need these packed and shipped out today or I don’t think I’ll be waking up tomorrow. Help a brother out and buy a knife to save a life. Open to partial trades and reasonable offers.

Hottest deal on BST right now, that Doi is a diamond in the rough. Unfortunately I am $745 too short as of this evening, so I will graciously let someone else have it.

GLWS

Would you sell them individually? Aand if so at what price points?

3 gyuto at once is probably too much for most folks and all three may not appeal to the same buyer. But there's one in the mix I would count my nickels for....

Would you sell them individually? Aand if so at what price points?

3 gyuto at once is probably too much for most folks and all three may not appeal to the same buyer. But there's one in the mix I would count my nickels for....

yea, so I’ll explain. I packed them together because the ginga was having trouble selling and I wasn’t sure how to price the Doi. Separate, I’m losing about $50 into additional shipping and fees. If they were to be separated, they’d look like this:

Maz : $340 shipped (what I paid)
Ginga: $275 shipped (Paid 300)
Doi: $190 shipped

In this scenario the Maz would be higher than average resale and the ginga would still be sitting. If someone claims the Maz and ginga, I will separate. Until then, I think this is the best deal for everyone. And now that the math is on the table, I think it shows I really can’t go any lower on this package.

Edit: Can’t go any lower within reason. In theory I could drop again and essentially give the Doi away for free, but I’d rather mail it to 40knives for thinning and rehandling and sell it for closer to full price. At least that way I’d get to play with it for a bit.

Last edited:
To clarify as there was a question, the ginga is priced this way because it’s essentially a brand new knife. I added the above link because I know how much others on here like sales to be linked to prior posts and I want to be as transparent as possible. It was acquired through trade for a $300 knife and I believe this is a fair value for a new, $340 knife that has only seen light test cuts.

Last edited:
And frankly, since we’re on the subject and not to derail a sales thread, I think there’s some unrealistic expectations set by some on here that need correcting. Value is market driven, and things are worth what people will pay for them, and certain hype knives show that. I have strictly only ever tried to cull my personal losses with my sales, never attempting to capitalize to the point even remotely close to anything that could be considered profit, and yet for some reason I can’t help but feel that that is viewed as shady by more than a few. I encourage everyone to really view sales threads abstractly and really attribute fair value. Even if I did buy a knife for $260 and try to sell it for $275, which I didn’t, I think $65 off for cutting a piece of carrot and a piece daikon is more than fair. Sorry for interrupting the program.

Last edited:
👍
Everything’s been utterly above board and transparent; no sins of omission can be levelled here. I think you’re on entirely safe ground and should stop mithering.

Anyhow, fine package. Big GLWS

👍
Everything’s been utterly above board and transparent; no sins of omission can be levelled here. I think you’re on entirely safe ground and should stop mithering.

Anyhow, fine package. Big GLWS

thanks I thought so too until I started getting DMs about it

FFS, Maybe the listing confusion made it seem murky to some people I guess. I’m not with them. GLWS again.

If you’re fearing for your life, get a bigger knife!

I don’t think there is any need to justify what you’re doing, I think he was just asking for a clarification because things have gotten a bit confusing.

damned if you do and damned if you don’t. If I don’t connect posts, people try to crucify me as a flipper. If I do, I’m being confusing and come off shady. And forgive me, but why does someone who has no interest in buying need clarification in the first place? I don’t think it was to help my sale. I’m sure there wasn’t a malicious intent behind it, but I hope we could see how it could be perceived as accusatory. Anyway, GLWS to me 🤪

Latest posts

Back