• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings KKF

Gyutos I'm looking for or examples:
Takada suminagashi - bought
Shigefusa kitaeji - bought
Kato STD
Tsukasa Hinoura river jump - bought
Hashimoto Shouichi

Added list:
milan gravier
Yanick
Jiro - bought

New knives added:
Any wrought iron cladding, preferably European forgers

New new added:
Some kiridashi? wanna have something handy for polish test, small fast easy.
Just any japanese damascus, looking for something special

bought

Condition: I don't really mind whether BNIB or used just not beaten up
Thanks 🙏 😊

Last edited:
Greetings,
I am sure others will agree with not expecting your first knife to be "the one". You should be much happier getting several knives, at least, at a lower $ per knife to see what you actually like in a knife. You have listed out some very hyped knives (not saying they are not deserving), but you don't seem like you are locked in to personal preferences yet.
Just my 2 cents,
Matt

Just a bit more....if you can pick up one of your list, or some hard to find knives like a Kippington, look to pick up a Birggerson, HF, Knot Handcrafted, MSicard, edd_works....and a ton of new or under the radar knives. I owned a Shig kitaeji, it was not for me, very reactive and i learned thru other knives that I prefer to stay away from damascus. Love looking at pics of river jumps, but I would not choose it for a daily driver, especially at the price point.

Try classics, like Kochi, Yoshikane, Gengetsu, Toyama, Kaeru (not so classic). Why the rabbit hole is so deep is there is soooo much variety.

Just a bit more....if you can pick up one of your list, or some hard to find knives like a Kippington, look to pick up a Birggerson, HF, Knot Handcrafted, MSicard, edd_works....and a ton of new or under the radar knives. I owned a Shig kitaeji, it was not for me, very reactive and i learned thru other knives that I prefer to stay away from damascus. Love looking at pics of river jumps, but I would not choose it for a daily driver, especially at the price point.

Try classics, like Kochi, Yoshikane, Gengetsu, Toyama, Kaeru (not so classic). Why the rabbit hole is so deep is there is soooo much variety
Wow some great advice. Thb, the reason I wanted to straight forward look for the knife I wanted is because I feel like it would take unnecessary time and money, but after reading your opinion I feel like the process could also be important too. I am still a beginner in knives so there is way too much Knowledge I need to makeup and I appreciate some of the knife producers mentioned, will take a good look in it.

Thanks KKF for some great knife suggestions and offers.

I had to follow my heart and really wanted something special for my first high end knife, so I decided to contact up and ordered this beautiful takada no hamono suminagashi 240 gyuto. Mean while I'm still open to offers since the process may take up to a year and the budget is deducted to below 1000.

Thanks again though KKF for great suggestions and cool knife offerings😁

(here's a picture of the same spec and finish I asked for, hopefully it'll come out like this🤞)
IMG82.jpg

Back