Hello from Dallas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanchezi

Reaction score
Hi there, long time lurker, but I figured I would finally create an actual account to nerd out about kitchen knives. I've been collecting for 10+ years now, and I'm still browsing new knives and makers... I don't think this hobby is going anywhere soon.

Here is my current line up:

vt04zji1ux721.jpg

Here's the list - top to bottom. Figured I would add some thoughts as well.

Sukenari AS 240mm kiritsuke with stainless cladding and IS custom handle

Love this knife. Good height, lovely grind, Sukenari AS is the best performing carbon that I've used.

Konosuke HD2 240mm gyuto with custom handle

Laser. Well balanced, easy to do delicate work, flys through product with amazing edge retention.

Tanaka Ginsan3 240mm gyuto with Nashiji finish

Workhorse. Large, nice grind, easy to maintain with good edge retention. Need to do a bit of F&F work (spine, choil, handle sanding/rounding), but I think that adds a personal charm.

Kurosaki R2 210mm wa-gyuto

Unique. Finish is eye popping, sharpness/F&F out of the box is unmatched, amazing balance, really strong performer.

Konosuke GS 150mm petty

Short and handy. Wouldn't say you need to go Konosuke for a petty, but it zips through product like it's big brother.

Kiya SK Steel 210mm Yanagiba

Works. I would have preferred a longer yanagiba for most of my fish slicing. Steel is a bit less reactive than AS or other white steels.

Kiya White#2 170mm Nakiri

Short & Thin. Cladding is VERY reactive, belly is a bit much for push cutting. Works well in a kitchen with limited real estate. Otherwise, I will reach for a longer knife 9/10 times.

Before you ask, the inherited cutco knives are for my wife. Keeps us happily married.

Back