Hello from Kyoto!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome spent 9 days in Kyoto winter 1990.
It was snowing. Really enjoyed going to the temples & gardens.

Welcome! I loved my visit to Kyoto about 10 years ago. The small shops in the endless alleys were AWESOME. The Gardens and Temples were amazing, but the alley shops were really fun.

Thank you all for your kind message.
I love my city in winter too. But now with corona it is so calm, like winter time. Its bad to say that but, i really enjoy Kyoto now 😅 like before tourism boom 15 years ago.

Konnichi-wa and welcome to KKF!

I went to Japan for the first time in October and November 2019 with my girlfriend. I absolutely loved it! Of course we also stayed in Kyoto. We spent a lovely rainy evening there walking through the city, soaking wet. Next day we explored some locations in and around Kyoto on a perfect sunny autumn day. We have nothing but the best memories! And we will definitely come back!!!

I still want to tour Kyoto and see the autumn foliage one day 🤣
DSC_5338.JPG

懐かしい

I lived there for about a year and a half, and would love to go back someday. Autumn is gorgeous, but what you can't see in this photo is how long I spent waiting for the people to clear out. Personally I'd go for the last three weeks of May (after golden week and before the crush of foreigners on summer vacation) and spend my time biking around the smaller temples in the foothills around the edge of the city.

But this is getting off topic... Welcome to the forums!

Couple times went to World Ice Carving competition in Hokaido.

Second year left early to go to Kyoto. Took all the walking tours & bus to outlying temples.
It was clear, than got rain, temperature dropped & snowed. Will never forget that trip. Was going to famous Temples & gardens often only one there.
IMG_20210207_181743121.jpg

IMG_20210207_182452298.jpg

Back