• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Hinoura W2 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishmanDE

Reaction score
I really like this knife, MUCH more than I initially thought I would. But it’s my 5th 240 and I don’t believe in great knives collecting dust. Really impressed as this was my first hinoura. Think lighter KU Maz. Looking specifically for trades right now, but will most likely go up for full blown sale when a certain Swedish Mazaki comes in. I can give addition pics, but I’ve done nothing to or with it since receiving it. Balance point is mid kanji.

Edit:

Not into Bunkas, K tips, Nakiris, yo handles, or most single bevels. Pretty open other than that.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/hinoura-ajikataya-240-and-hinoura-petty-150.52977/

Last edited:
I would also be into packaging this and the Watanabe for the right trade

GLWS - I have an AS Hinoura 240 that is sneakily one of my favorite knives. It's the heaviest/work-horse-iest knife on my strip, yet cuts through everything beautifully.

I’ve had three now. A stainless-clad AS 240 KU, an iron-clad W#2 240 KU, and currently a stainless-clad B#2 240. The B#2 is unlikely to leave my kitchen once I get it back from being rehandled. All were/are some of the best knives I’ve used even when compared to much more expensive makers. GLWS.

Back