Hjalmar makes knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjalmar

Reaction score
Heyyo

Started blade-smithing in January -> Progress, come October, pictured below!

Just a graduate student (studying/researching environmental degradation + post colonialism in sub-saharan Africa -- RPCV Madagascar) tryin' to make smithing his side-hustle while he pursues his PhD!

Would love all feedback! Pictured here is a Japanese style cleaver with a purpleheart handle I'm working on finishing (7" blade, 2" blade width, CPM S60V)

Much love,
Hjalmar

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
That awesome! What/who all did you read/focus on??

I've got a cool project that's in early stages working with a school/city government in West Kenya on development stuff in the works (was just out there for 6 weeks earlier in the year) and plan to focus my doctoral research on the sociology of political violence/environmental degradation in Nigeria related to the oil industry

That awesome! What/who all did you read/focus on??

I've got a cool project that's in early stages working with a school/city government in West Kenya on development stuff in the works (was just out there for 6 weeks earlier in the year) and plan to focus my doctoral research on the sociology of political violence/environmental degradation in Nigeria related to the oil industry
RIP Ken Saro-Wiwa.
And don't forget the piracy phenomenon.

Back