How do you pack and ship?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agp

Reaction score
How do you usually pack and ship a knife? Just the regular box the knife came in? I'm also struggling to find a blank box skinny but long enough to put the knife box in.

I like those triangular Priority Mail boxes. Great for knives with or without original packaging. They are extremely strong, cheap to ship and have yet to have a bad experience.

I buy 18x4x4 corrugated boxes. They're perfect for everything but extra long knife boxes. I buy 25-50 and also save the original packaging from knives I buy and reuse those boxes when I can.

I use the priority mail boxes that are included in the price of using priority mail. I use the flat rectangular ones, wrap the knife box in small bubble wrap and put it in the box at a diagonal and stuff the triangular ends with newspaper to keep everything from shifting inside.

Buy a knife from JNS. See how it’s packed? Do that. Anything less is inadequate.
Oversized rectangular box, bubble wrap inside knife box, bubble wrap outside knife box. Tape properly. Send.
Easy.

Buy a knife from JNS. See how it’s packed? Do that. Anything less is inadequate.
Oversized rectangular box, bubble wrap inside knife box, bubble wrap outside knife box. Tape properly. Send.
Easy.

I would add that you should protect the tip, either with a cork, a plastic tip protector, or by taping two pieces of corrugated cardboard larger than the blade to it. I have received knives that had moved inside the knife box so that the tip came through the side of both the knife box and the shipping box and broke off.

Back