Integral gyuto thuya burr

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcc

Reaction score
Hey guys
Looking to sell this full tang integral k tip gyuto hand forged from 1" round silver steel BS1407 similar so spicy white 26c3
Thuya burr handle with crushed lapis lazuli inlay
Blade length 230mm
Blade height 52mm
Handle length 125mm
Thickness above heel 3.4mm
Half way down spine 2mm
1cm from tip 0.60
1cm above edge at heel 1.0mm tapering to 0.5 near tip
Blade has a work pony grind and a strong taper
Hardened and tested at HRC 63
Weight 249 grams
Comes with maple saya and brass pin with lapis inlay
Asking €250+15 shipping.ill cover extra if it goes outside EU
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_0930.JPG
    IMG_0930.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 600
Balances at pinch point where blade meets bolster,I'll get pic of that and choil and taper tomorrow

I'll post those extra pics tomorrow,I have to wait for my son to resize photos I'm that bad on computers

Very nice indeed!

I feel that this forum is somewhat Wa handle biased. I think you can fetch more $$ with less work if you focus on creating Wa J knives. Just a guts feeling, I could be wrong thou.

Thanks guys
I think so too. I'm currently working on some in 1.2519,forge finish, flatter profile and wa handles

Both your knives here look great. Nice work, keep it coming!

Thanks chef I'm really glad you like it
Yes I have to get to grips with my cameras focus,when I try to get choil shot it focuses on the butt

Yes I have to get to grips with my cameras focus,when I try to get choil shot it focuses on the butt
Hi John, do you have a Facebook or instagram profile? I would love to follow your work.

I'm just getting it set up now
I'll post link when done

This made me chuckle. Always hard not to focus on the butt.
Here's something to try- cut a piece of wax paper (not parchment) and tape it to a window. The diffused light that comes through on a sunny day makes for a perfect set up for choil shots. Make sure to keep the butt of the handle out of the frame. I typically will rest my cell phone perpendicular against the butt of the handle.
Wax paper is thinner than parchment, but the parchment will work in a pinch.

Just learned a trick on my iPhone, Tap on the place you want to focus, the iPhone will focus onto that spot & my iPhone choil shots are much better than before without paper tricks.

Back