Just purchased a Cerax #1500 - any reviews or anecdotal comparisons to the Cerax #1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pomalo

Reaction score
just purchased a Cerax #1500 for about $44.
Any one use the Cerax #1500 before? I saw a thread where one user purchased and said it is very smooth and said very comparable to the cerax #3000.
In addition, has anyone compared the cut of the Cerax #1500 to the Cerax #1000 (1010 or 2020)?

I imagine that might have been my thread before, but just to re-iterate - yeah it's excellent. I personally would say it's closer to the 3k in terms of finish than the 1k.

I imagine that might have been my thread before, but just to re-iterate - yeah it's excellent. I personally would say it's closer to the 3k in terms of finish than the 1k.
Definitely your thread!! Glad to hear it's a great stone! Thank you for replying in here as well.

Out of curiosity, do you use it for general sharpening and polishing upkeep (when the blade is not dull or chipped)?
Or do you precede the #1500 with a lower grit stone like an #800 or #400?
Also, do you think it has enough bite to take care of very minute chips?

I figured the #1500 might be enough to upkeep a knife that's in generally good condition, what's your take?

Yep - if your knives are in decent condition then the Cerax 1.5 would be a great stone to maintain them on a continuous basis.

You could theoretically do very tiny chip repair on it, but would be better to have a lower grit stone tbh. The main issue is that Ceraxes are very soft, so you'd be losing a fair bit of stone if trying to do repairs using a finer one.

Good news, I also got the Cerax #350 for my German knives , and small chips in the German and or Japanese knives. If I see chips I’ll take it on that first, followed by the 1500

I held off on buying a rika 5000 becuse of how nice the polish was off your 1500 stone. Maybe in the future when I get used to whetstones I’ll throw in a true polish piece. Then I’ll have some considering to do. Maybe a rika maybe a gesshin 6000s. So many good stones to choose from.

Back