• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kato K-Tip WH from JNS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I had it in the cart and then said I dont want it... 🙃 next time I ll take it and flip it 😜😅
No for the vat killing the action inside EU...

Btw I have WTT gyuto WH kato...

Man, that thing was up for hoooooours too......
Not in my wheelhouse, but suprising to see it (them?) up for so long.

Man I had it in the cart and then said I dont want it... 🙃 next time I ll take it and flip it 😜😅
No for the vat killing the action inside EU...

Btw I have WTT gyuto WH kato...
Please do. I'd love to try one out. I'll pay retail but please someone don't jack up the price 20% or something!
I have a Kato WH, which is great and a reason I want to try the K-tip which in theory should be more balance forward and heavier overall comparatively. :)

Please do. I'd love to try one out. I'll pay retail but please someone don't jack up the price 20% or something!
I have a Kato WH, which is great and a reason I want to try the K-tip which in theory should be more balance forward and heavier overall comparatively. :)
To be honest I don't think you'll find the k-tip more heavy and balanced forward than a normal gyuto

Mine turned out to be 236 gm, 55 mm heel height. 250 mm heel to tip

It will be interesting to learn about the specs of the other lucky few who caught one

It is gorgeous. Has soul

38C61465-953C-40D3-B2F3-2E154AA0EB76.jpeg
E92F1D25-2E35-42FF-BB63-807BD0B81C8E.jpeg
4698E76A-B1C7-4571-8E3A-5E90BAFE6D18.jpeg

Yes......Isn't that one of the traits of K-tips, that because they have less spine they are less weight forward?
I have no idea, but that makes sense! I was just speaking from experience, mine are definitely not heavier than the normal gyuto :)

Kato 210mm super blue Kiritsuke ,black finished . Are you interested ?
Thanks for the note, appreciate it. As noted by others, there are a few knife makers out there with the name Kato. The one I'm looking for is from Yoshiaki Fujiwara Or Kiyoshi Kato as @RockyBasel pointed out. The other, far more common maker is Hiroshi Kato. There is a big difference in price between the knives from the two makers, with the one I'm look for going for prices in the $1k and up range (these days, sadly) and typically available from only a few vendors (like Japanese Natural Stones) and Hiroshi Kato going for the $150-$400 range and available at quite a few online and brick and motar retailers. Hope that is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back