• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kato Standard Gyuto and Shig Kita Gyuto / Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi KKF!

So, I totally went off the deep end and spent way too much money on some new knives. Go figure, huh :rolleyes: Anyway, that means it's time to let part of the old collection go :p

First up, we have a BNIB 210mm Kato standard gyuto, originally purchased from another forum member some time back. Asking $1100 USD shipped CONUS.

PqYf61o.jpg

2SsvqwT.jpg

o3Ud4gk.jpg

Next, we have a BNIB 210mm Shig Kitaeji gyuto, purchased from JNS. Asking $1300 USD shipped CONUS. [SOLD]

JOnE1Mb.jpg

HTdtx3O.jpg

bazxJW3.jpg

I also have a 255 mm Shig Kitaeji Yanagiba from a previous posting here: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/bnib-255mm-shigefusa-kitaeji-yanagiba.41577/ [SOLD]

ahMWhjK.jpg

It's listed as 255mm, but it's effectively 240mm actual length. If you purchase the yanagiba with at least one of the other two knives, I'll throw it in for $1000 flat :D Priority will be given to people who want a gyuto + yanagiba package deal.

I know that's a lot of text, so if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm going to be traveling in the next few days, so I'm aiming to ship out tomorrow for anyone who is interested. Thanks for looking!

Best Regards,
Ethan

Last edited:
Whoops, haha. Probably good to have that info :p I'm out and about right now, but will get you some specs as soon as I can (probably in about an hour or so).

Ok, the long awaited specs!

Kato gyuto:
205mm length
45mm height at heel
177g

Shig kita gyuto:
215mm length
47mm height at heel
170g

Shig Yanagiba:
245mm length
29-30mm height at heel