Knives Available for Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marko, Please let me know if winner decided not to take the gyuto. I'll take it....

I tried pushing money into the screen. When that failed I sent in my paypal. 😄

just got back to computer and found out my name was drawn in the lottery will contact you Marko in pm soon

Order update...

Good and bad..

Starting with good. I finished quite a few knives, in these past week. Most were in some study of completion, but hand-finishing each blade and making a handle, takes quite a bit of time. Almost no failure, considering that in the last 48 hours I had only 4.5 hours of sleep.

Bad. I didn't finish work in time to get knives out. I didn't even get to put an edge (thou all will cut, as I grind to zero edge), so as awful as it sounds, they have to wait to be shipped until I come back, on November 27th. I apologize to all, I was really hopping to get them out before I go on a trip, but even with a great effort, it didn't happen. If anybody would like to get a refund for the order, please email me and I will issue it promptly (I will be traveling, so there might be a little bit delay in the response).

Also, my test damascus piece didn't come out to my liking, and I didn't take chances with damascus (you really have just one shot at etching), so damascus blades also have to be done upon my return.. Same as above, if you want a refund, please email me.

Sorry again guys... I need to learn to plan realistically but also this year has been very difficult and that impacted my productivity to a great extend. I really wanted them to get out today, but I am crashing and packing each blade takes considerable time.

Below are pics of knives that I completed.. Damascus blades are among these, though except for one, all unetched. Handles are all finished.

Thank you for your understanding.

Marko

DSC_1154.JPG

DSC_1157.JPG

Marko,

Thanks for the great effort. I am not fussed about the delayed gratification. It will make a pleasant Christmas surprise when it arrives in Oz. Have a well deserved break.

Marko, I am certain any knife from you will be well worth the wait. I have nearly infinite patience. Please feel free to finish my knife last -- and even take an extra week off before picking it up to complete. I'd much prefer that you take as much time as you want, and get plenty of rest, so you are completely comfortable when working on it and fully satisfied with the result.

Enjoy your trip.

Not concerned about the wait at all,
Have a nice holiday.

Not my first time to wait for a knife. Have a safe trip.

Hello there,

I finally got some sleep and did some thinking about this situation and here is what I came up with.

I feel terrible about not being able to ship the knives I completed. If I had 3-4 more hours, I woudl have put edges on them and got them boxed up and ready to ship... But I didn't, and since I promised to ship them, I will make some kind of amend for this.

Each order will get a complementary felt or leather strop (your choice) on a wooden base, or 50% off sayas, in wood or leather (these will take longer to produce than strops, keep that in mind). I would love to offer free sayas, but they are considerably more work than strops and would take much longer.

If you opt for a refund, I will issue it promptly, no questions asked.

On top of that, I once again ask for an apology for the mishap.

I will be back on the 27th, will get the knives out and will follow up with the strops. If sayas are desired, I would hold the knives for fitting and ship once sayas are completed.

Marko

Safe journey Marko. Not doubt you honesty and generosity are most appreciated.

Marko, Thank you for such a generous -- and, IMO, unnecessary -- offer. I'm sure everyone understands and appreciates how hard you have worked on all the knives. Enjoy your trip.

+1

Thank you for your offer. I would love a felt strop with wooden base.

Thanks for the offers, put me down for a saya please.

Rich.

I suspect it'd be prudent to hold off on requests until a bit closer to the scheduled return, to reduce risk of mixups and confusion.

I am down for one of the 225mm practice sujihiki's. Happy to wait for a suitable wooden saya. Thanks for the discount. Let me know about the extra cost.

I suspect it'd be prudent to hold off on requests until a bit closer to the scheduled return, to reduce risk of mixups and confusion.
I'm with Robert here. Will wait till Marko finishes his trip and sort out all the important things first.

Thanks for offering, Marko!

Back