• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kochi 240 Gyuto KU V2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling my very lightly used 240 Kochi that I purchased new from JKI. I believe this is a fairly well known and loved knife here in the forum so I’ll keep it short. I really love this knife but it’s time to move on and make some room. I’ve always taken great care of it and never been thinned. I did use Flitz on the cladding once fairly recently but that’s it. No chips or cracks. Happy to answer any questions and provide more details if needed. This will be my first sale on the forum(gotta start somewhere) but I have been a member a few years.Asking $225 and I’ll cover $20 of the shipping to the USA

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpeg
    IMG_1214.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Selling my very lightly used 240 Kochi that I purchased new from JKI. I believe this is a fairly well known and loved knife here in the forum so I’ll keep it short. I really love this knife but it’s time to move on and make some room. I’ve always taken great care of it and never been thinned. I did use Flitz on the cladding once fairly recently but that’s it. No chips or cracks. Happy to answer any questions and provide more details if needed. This will be my first sale on the forum(gotta start somewhere) but I have been a member a few years.Asking $225 + shipping to the USA
Is this the same one being listed on ebay?

How is this still here? These used to sell immediately in the past.
I am a bit surprised but I think they were just in stock recently or are about to be. Does anyone know if the kochi line has changed much over time? I bought this maybe 5 years ago or so and it just never really got much use but wonder if it is much different from the current offering.

I am a bit surprised but I think they were just in stock recently or are about to be. Does anyone know if the kochi line has changed much over time? I bought this maybe 5 years ago or so and it just never really got much use but wonder if it is much different from the current offering.
Yep they just restocked 210s and other shapes, and Jon told me they will for sure be getting more 240s. He just wasn't 100% sure when they will come in. But if he wasn't getting more soon, I would be all over this!

One person I trust said their new 210 is thicker at the spine than their old 210, but I know Jon tends to ask his makers to go thinner when possible, so I would bet that is due to natural variations, rather than an intentional change to the line of blades.

Back