Kramer Damascus Kiritsuke on Ebay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of these days...
But in the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my ZK 10" 52100. It's pretty freaking badass, and so is the saya somebody made for it...

Not my cup of tea. To much over the top and not a user.
Better options are in abundance.

Meh, to each their own. And what I want to own is what I want to own!

44k??!?? That's a boatload of feria for bling. How much performance is gained from spending 14k more than say a 30k gyuto?

44k??!?? That's a boatload of feria for bling. How much performance is gained from spending 14k more than say a 30k gyuto?

1.5K (or there abouts)-44K = 0 performance gain

Are there folks who really think that Kramer does something magical to 52100 steel? Well I guess there are (not pointing at you Jasper).

Won't argue his patterns look nice, handle work not bad, but there are guys who do much fancier stuff for less. I have to imagine an eventual ceiling and bottom drop, though human foibles can always surprise.

Rick

Rick

This circular argument goes round everytime a Kramer is auctioned. It is what it is. To some it's worth it.

I think the more power to him. May Marko, Ian, Randy, Will, Del, Devin, Pierre and all the rest of our regulars enjoy some of that fortunate success one day.

This circular argument goes round everytime a Kramer is auctioned. It is what it is. To some it's worth it.

I think the more power to him. May Marko, Ian, Randy, Will, Del, Devin, Pierre and all the rest of our regulars enjoy some of that fortunate success one day.
:plus1:

The argument holds true with just about anything with high aesthetics, high demand and low supply.

Certainly the argument goes around but doesn't mean it can be said too often.

I do hope though that it doesn't discourage someone from dropping 60K on a Kramer that fetches 6 figures a few months later. I really would feel just awful were that to happen.

Rick

It's not like Kramer charges people that much. It's just what the free market values it at. And when he auctions a knife himself he donates some of the proceeds to charity.

Back