• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Len's Knife Clearout - Single-Bevels, Part 1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
As I've become clearer about my preferences when it comes to the feel and handling of different knives, I've decided that it's time to let the knives that I don't absolutely *love* to move on to new homes.

Here's my first round of single-bevels. There will likely be more coming as I continue doing quick (re)evaluations of all my knives.

Prices are USD, Paypal & shipping within North America included.

Photos coming soon!

Tanaka 180mm blue 2 KU deba - custom handle - $175
Very nice rehandle - possibly by Mike Henry, though I bought this second-hand and cannot remember what the original listing said. Excellent condition.

Tanaka_deba.jpg

Aritsugu 270mm kiritsuke - white 2, with saya - $300
Bought it second-hand, haven't even used it once. My guess is that this is the original listing on A-Frames: http://yhst-27988581933240.stores.yahoo.net/aritsugu-kiritsuke-knife-1034inch-bla.html Some sharpening scuffs on the blade road, though I have to note the original factory bevel is still in place. Other than the scuffing on the blade road, given that the original primary bevel is untouched, functionally this knife is good as new. Open this knife yourself and the current scuff marks won't matter at all - the knife will be and look as though you were the first owner.

Aritsugu_kiritsuke.jpg

Sakai Takayuki 240mm kensaki/"kiritsuke" yanagiba - white 2 - $265
NIB, never used, probably taken out of the box only twice. Forged by Kenji Togashi of Suisin Densho fame, finished by Yukinori Oda. Was sold as a kiritsuke, but more accurately this is a kensaki yanagiba or "kiritsuke"-tip yanagiba.

Sakai_Takayuki_240_kensaki_yanagiba.jpg

(Hideyuki) Tanaka 270mm KU yanagiba - blue 2 - $120
Flatter edge profile than typical for most yanagiba. Sharpened once to open the blade - not even sure if I finished going through my progression. Never used. Good as new.

Tanaka_270_yanagiba.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to measure it tonight, but it's definitely in "standard" yanagiba territory.

Aritsugu kiritsuke photos added to original post.

Tanaka yangiba SOLD
Aritsugu kiritsuke SPF
Sakai Takayuki kiritsuke/yanagiba SPF

Tanaka 180 deba still available @ $175.

Bump.

Tanaka 180 deba still available @ $175.

Bump.

Tanaka 180 deba w Mike Henry (I believe) handle - reduced to $165.

Back