• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Mattias Lundberg 205mm western gyuto in TWR/Wrought kasumi @ w/saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A touch hesitant to let this go, but I've used it, loved it, and would call it a really nicely balanced knife in all areas; I feel like I know it well enough to share it. It's my first knife from Mattias, I am first owner and only owner, and it was forged and sharpened by him personally. Kasumi finish and incredibly nice convexity to the geometry. This would be a polishers dream. Old 1800's wrought cladding, TWR core. He called in his dream knife as the idea for the full tang slightly proud of the scales came to him in a dream. It includes a beautiful saya to match.

Asking $700 CONUS, $750 Int'l which is about $50 less than I paid for it direct. Specs and photos below. Knife has a beautiful patina started and I'd recommend keeping it in place for now! Trades possible for an older Takeda AS gyuto or Takada No Hamono or thereabouts.

205mmGyutoTWR and old 1800 wrought iron cladEnglish Elm and brass pinned Western235 grams205mm blade56mm at heel340mm OAL
IMG_4108.JPGIMG_4110.JPGIMG_4111.JPGIMG_4112.JPGIMG_4113.JPGIMG_4114.JPGIMG_4116.JPGIMG_4117.JPGIMG_4118.JPGIMG_4119.JPG

Mattias is a very skilled crafstman, an even nicer gentleman. if i dont got a custom slot(freaking long wait) this would be on its way to my home. GLWS!

Last edited:
I have a TWR-core knife from him as well. Incredibly underrated maker. His work performs as well as anyone's and his taste in profiles is excellent, this one far more preferable to me than even the one I have. Learned of Mattias via @tylerleach who had great things to say about his work and who himself regrets letting one of this maker's knives go. Whoever picks this up won't regret it.

Back