• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD MAZAKI WATER QUENCHED 240 GYUTO / TADEDA NAS SASANOHA 180 / MORITAKA 210 GYUTO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmiinngg

Reaction score
Hi !

Time to sort out what I have ...

It's a first sale for me, I'm not sure how to do it, all I want is to have fond and peacefull memories of it, so that I will not hesitate to sell again if the need arises...

These knives were bought 3 or 4 years ago, used regularly in their beginnings, then finally, have seen very little use these last 2 years, not justifying their place in my line up :)

All these knives have suffered from my sharpening training. I have nevertheless made them as functional as possible. Someone with experience will easily be able to remedy this. Someone more novice will be able to practice :)

I think they are good knives that deserve to be used.

I will be completely transparent about the condition of each knife to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Always with the aim of facilitating the sale, and in the current context, I prefer to limit the sale within Europe (we will see in a second time for the us continent and others).
I think there is enough information all over here and on the net regarding the models, but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate.

Regarding the prices I hope they are attractive enough, and if they are not then my family / friends will be happy.

Prices are in euros, shipping cost and insurrance included.
Based in France.

Now the sale.

Mazaki gyuto 240 mm
Length : 245mm
Height at heel: 52 - 53mm
Weight: 204g
Steel : white

https://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/mazaki-kasumi-gyuto-240mm/
Condition: used, sharpened and thinned.
Other :
- some scratches on the hira
- delivered with its original box and free patina

thumbnail_PXL_20210427_091805762.PORTRAIT.jpg

thumbnail_PXL_20210427_092700100.PORTRAIT.jpg

DSC_4744.JPG

PRICE : 170€ ----> SOLD

Takeda NAS Sasanoha 180mm
Length: 187 mm
Height at heel : 48mm
Weight: 104g
Steel : aogami super
Condition: used, been sharpened and thinned
Other:
- The knife has been thinned a lot. Its use with the original characteristics was unbearable, a lot of wedging because of the bevels located too close of the edge...
- Comes with its original box and free patina

thumbnail_PXL_20210427_084703196.PORTRAIT.jpg
thumbnail_PXL_20210427_092504964.PORTRAIT.jpg
DSC_4748.JPG

PRICE : 160€ -----> SOLD

Moritaka Hamono 210
Length: 209 mm
Height at heel : 45mm
Weight: 139g
Steel : aogami super
Conditions: used, been sharpened and thinned.
Other:
- The tip was broken and repaired ~ 1 mm ~ , I didn't level it enough with the spine. As a reseult he's not really a good candidate for slicing motion.
- Comes with its original box

thumbnail_PXL_20210427_091917112.PORTRAIT (1).jpg

thumbnail_PXL_20210427_092133894.PORTRAIT.jpg
DSC_4741.JPG

PRICE : 110€ ----->SOLD

Thanks for watching !

Last edited:
I have no need for any of these... But I want them all!

That Takeda is definitely giving me the eyes!

How's the food release since thinning?

Lovely pictures... Particularly the choil shots!

GLWS

Thanks for the kind words !

That Takeda is definitely giving me the eyes!

How's the food release since thinning?

GLWS

To be honnest, i had forgotten how it was...particularly because the few times i grabed it was to cut soft products, poached pears...quite an ultra specific task, but i'm a bourdaloue lover, so......i had to make a quick vidéo 😁
https://streamable.com/p968scNot a wide bevels food release for sure, but not that bad considering its a thin knife

Very nice prices and knives, love the way you presented the information!

Pm sent :)

i’ll take whatever’s left of Takeda and Moritaka :)

Last edited:
Someone in France is using Nomacorc??? Mon dieu!

(Seriously though - great looking knives, descriptions, and excellent photography :))

Latest posts

Back