Mercer's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravy Power

Reaction score
So I was required to purchase our school's set of Mercer's when I started school. I've significantly upgraded, and have no desire in selling these knives. I would give them to someone who is unfortunate to buy them at school, but for multiple reasons, that really doesn't make sense. Where I go to school, anyone who I could identify as needing knives will have already been required to buy them. If they're in that big of trouble, their financial aid would have taken care of it. Additionally, many students drop out within the first two weeks as it is.

So if anyone has anybody working for them that could use these knives, I'm happy to ship them. I have a Mercer 10' Chef's knife, sharpened a few times by myself. Scrubbed with micro mesh a few times. In perfect shape.

A Mercer boning knife, rubber handle. Sharpened a few times by me. A little overground in the middle, due to my inexperience in sharpening at the time, still totally functional.

A Mercer pairing knife, also a rubber handle. Sharpened a few times by me. Really soft steel. Nothing wrong with it. Quite honestly it's a pretty crappy paring knife, but hey, it specs and it's free..

I also have a crapy Mercer cardboard covered bag if the person would need it, though that would require a little extra shipping.

Let me know if you have anyone is interested.

Also, I forgot, I purchased a honing rod with this kit. It will also be included.

Also, I forgot, I purchased a honing rod with this kit. It will also be included.

We were required at my school to get the Mercer set as well but me and someone else in the class are the only ones without them....I got the Victorinox set...Those Mercers are made in China with German Steel

what a nice gesture! didn't know there were such nice people left in this world

Nor did I , They are going to a very Young Chef that is just getting started He is a Close Friend of the Family and has had quite a bit of trouble in his life so this will help him out .

Thank you again and Blessings to you .

Sam

This might be the only place in the entire universe that I have seen such incredible nice gestures as this, however, it sure is nice to know that good people still do exist. WAY COOL!!! There just might be an angle on your shoulder. :goodpost:

Back