• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Migoto Blue #1 Full-Size Cleaver (solo sale, no bundle)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearhippo

Reaction score
Description:

Purchased for $1120 AUD (~$772.80) from the June drop this past summer.

Tanaka forged x Kawakita sharpened.

Minimal home-use (e.g. half a dozen onions, a few bell peppers, a dozen potatoes) with no sharpening or stropping.

In my experience, this knife feels lighter than its weight might suggest due to the wa-handle and would be ideal for someone who wants a full-size chuka but prefers a less blade heavy feel. (This definitely still has heft though.) I personally prefer the feeling of mild carpal tunnel with yo-chuka so this isn’t a true keeper as I’d have hoped.

Measurements:

Spine Thickness @ Heel: 3.5mm
Spine Thickness @ Tip: 1.5mm

Weight: 526g
Edge length: 220mm

Heel height: 111mm
Height at ~ middle: 109mm
Height at the Tip: 107mm

Pricing:

Opening up for a solo sale but still happy to offer a deal if bundled.

Priority will go towards offers that bundle with another knife or item that I have for sale on BST
. (Yeah, I know how some of y’all feel about bundles but alas this won’t be in-stock again for a while IIRC and so this is additional "bait" to help drive sales.)

Bundle Price - $750 and I will cover shipping CONUS; $15 covered for international buyers.

Price alone (recuperating my full at-cost) - $810 $750 $710 shipped CONUS.

Attachments

• 20231112_114910.jpg
    20231112_114910.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231112_115042.jpg
    20231112_115042.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231112_115222.jpg
    20231112_115222.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Bump. Pricing adjusted on the Dalman and JNAT set / solo stone(s); if you're interested in bundling let me know and we can talk pricing.

One time drop on the solo price.

I have one of these and it is a beast. Definitely the best cleaver I’ve used in terms of geometry, HT, and grind. Not too many around either

I have one of these and it is a beast. Definitely the best cleaver I’ve used in terms of geometry, HT, and grind. Not too many around either
Yeah agree. These feel special to me. In terms of ht and geometry as good as it gets. The finish is also very nice. People that can’t get a kono blue fm cleaver should take their chance on this imho.

Yeah agree. These feel special to me. In terms of ht and geometry as good as it gets. The finish is also very nice. People that can’t get a kono blue fm cleaver should take their chance on this imho.

Amen. // Bump

B, dropped to $710 shipped CONUS.

Sold with the Migoto Sujihiki for a bit lower than asking (with combined shipping into account), thanks KKF.

Last edited:
Back